• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I needed a backhoe which, 1. Would have cost me $9000 to add to the Kubota B2320 I had and 2. Gives me a good excuse to buy a new tractor. I have probably a 1000' of drain tile I need to put in to dry out the pastures, we have a few stumps that need dug out and we're cranking out 150+ pounds of horse manure a day and it has to be turned and oxygenated regularly or it won't compost, just rot. Traded the Kubota in on a Mahindra 1626 with loader, backhoe, 5' rotary mower, pallet forks and skid steer quick attach on the loader. My hunting partner is buying a 74 acre farm so it'll probably get plenty of use out there as well if we plant the amount of food he's planning on (for deer & turkey).

I priced out a comparable Kubota and went and looked at a Deere but I can't swing that kind of $$$, equipped like mine the orange or green were $6k - $7k more. I went and looked at this tractor Monday (1..5 hour drive each way) and went home pretty impressed with it. Interest rates dropped 1.5% by Tuesday morning so I decided to jump. I'd done quite a bit of research and while Mahindra doesn't make their own tractors, this particular model is made by Mitsubishi and is a known performer. I'm friends with the service department manager and he recommended this one so I'm comfortable with the quality. It'll get plenty of work but I take pretty good care of my stuff so it should last me a lifetime. 2yr bumper to bumper and 7yr powertrain warranty so I'll shake it out well before the warranty is up. Pretty excited to attack a few stumps tomorrow.

RlyV9p4h.jpg

SIBzOsdh.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've wanted a backhoe about 1000 times in my life. I'm very jealous.

I'll be interested to follow along with your ownership experience with the Mahindra. What I've seen.... well. Hopefully things have improved!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I know where there's a bunch of railroad ties. I can find out if they're for sale or free.

How many do you need

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It's on the list believe me! I need railroad ties, I now have something that I can pick them up with once the mechanical thumb comes in.

I loaded mine by hand... about 40 of them with 1 buddy. Not suggested.

Then as soon as we had moved them all, the utility company came and replaced all the poles and gave him the old ones, which we just dragged back to his place with his tractor. We were sorta salty about our timing on all of that.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I needed a backhoe which, 1. Would have cost me $9000 to add to the Kubota B2320 I had and 2. Gives me a good excuse to buy a new tractor. I have probably a 1000' of drain tile I need to put in to dry out the pastures, we have a few stumps that need dug out and we're cranking out 150+ pounds of horse manure a day and it has to be turned and oxygenated regularly or it won't compost, just rot. Traded the Kubota in on a Mahindra 1626 with loader, backhoe, 5' rotary mower, pallet forks and skid steer quick attach on the loader. My hunting partner is buying a 74 acre farm so it'll probably get plenty of use out there as well if we plant the amount of food he's planning on (for deer & turkey).

I priced out a comparable Kubota and went and looked at a Deere but I can't swing that kind of $$$, equipped like mine the orange or green were $6k - $7k more. I went and looked at this tractor Monday (1..5 hour drive each way) and went home pretty impressed with it. Interest rates dropped 1.5% by Tuesday morning so I decided to jump. I'd done quite a bit of research and while Mahindra doesn't make their own tractors, this particular model is made by Mitsubishi and is a known performer. I'm friends with the service department manager and he recommended this one so I'm comfortable with the quality. It'll get plenty of work but I take pretty good care of my stuff so it should last me a lifetime. 2yr bumper to bumper and 7yr powertrain warranty so I'll shake it out well before the warranty is up. Pretty excited to attack a few stumps tomorrow.

We always knew Phylo was full of horse :poop: !!!! :):

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Congrats on the new tractor. One of the guys in the office has a Mahindra with the enclosed cab with the backhoe, a grader box, and other attachments. It’s a solid piece of equipment. He has brought it to my place and pulled small trees and dug out the snapped off t-posts that kept me plugging the tires on my zero turn. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    That's awesome! (As if you'd have me) but I'd like to come help. LOL

My wife and kids would love to help with the horses. Seriously. They'll mucking for saddle time. ;-)

And I hope you're close enough to the river that you won't run in to the glacial till once you start scratching the dirt. That may as well be like concrete. And then, if you're close enough to the river, you may run into some lenses of gravel and cobbles that'll also choke the 'hoe. Please no one quote me.

Anyhow - I hope your new toy gives you YEARS of hard work - so your back doesn't break!!!!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Nice! When I traded up from dad's Kubota to a newer/better equipped one I tried to talk myself into a backhoe. In spite of the fun factor I just couldn't justify the purchase and I'm DAMN good at justifying unnecessary purchases!!:laugh:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Nice! When I traded up from dad's Kubota to a newer/better equipped one I tried to talk myself into a backhoe. In spite of the fun factor I just couldn't justify the purchase and I'm DAMN good at justifying unnecessary purchases!!:laugh:

One of the first things I learned about compact tractors after Dad bought his is at least 50% of the time you're running the front bucket, you wish you were running a rear one instead.

Could just be our projects and usage tainting my opinion, but man... A backhoe would be nice. I hope to step into that market some day myself and the rear bucket is going to just be a given for me if I do. OR... Like some busted up 50 year old Case for scrap metal price. That's an option too.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Put her to work first thing this morning digging out stumps, this one was the largest and was next to the house. I pulled a couple others also but they were much smaller and very dead, basically a few passes with the bucket and they were gone. Very happy I bought the pallet forks, it would have been a much larger challenge getting the big stump out of that hole without them. Mowed around 4 acres with the rotary mower when I was finished with the stumps. Loving it so far.

NAPIMyUh.jpg

KHtkPNhh.jpg

QbpxP5gh.jpg

Top Bottom