Indianapolis 500 postponed to 23 August 2020 (no Spoiler!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    I guess it was inevitable, but I think it’s better this way than to run it in front of empty grandstands on 24 May.

The road course race will apparently be run on the Fourth of July in conjunction with the NASCAR (whatever-the-sponsor-is-this-year) Cup race scheduled for Sunday 5 July.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I guess it was inevitable, but I think it’s better this way than to run it in front of empty grandstands on 24 May.

The road course race will apparently be run on the Fourth of July in conjunction with the NASCAR (whatever-the-sponsor-is-this-year) Cup race scheduled for Sunday 5 July.

While they're at it, they should also consider moving the race to THE SURFACE OF THE F*****G SUN.

It'll be cooler there.:rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Yep, it'll be hot. But I'll be there, Lord willing! Looks like I'll be seeing some Nascar, too, on the 4th of July weekend. Not the BY400, though. I'll go back to the BY400 when RP renovates the track and brings back the apron. That'll turn it into a good race and will enable two-wide all day for Indycar, with some 3 wide when the balls come out!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I ran the Indy Mini twice and even in early May, the moment I jogged....loped out of the tunnel unto the track- the heat. I wanted to end it all.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    While they're at it, they should also consider moving the race to THE SURFACE OF THE F*****G SUN.

It'll be cooler there.:rolleyes:

“If you think today was hot, try working a tractor in Fresno in July.”

—paraphrase of a quote I remember being attributed to Bill Vukovich after the 1953 race

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Not realy surprised by their decision and it's probably a wise decision. As far out as some stuff is being pushed on the calendar, I'm starting to think it will take much longer than any 14 days to change the curve as they say. I told dad a couple days ago, I'm not so sure we will even get to race this year.
    Both series at Indy on the same weekend should be great. Anyone know if the Xfinitey cars will still be running the road course that weekend too?

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    The Xfinity Series is running the road course and will part of a doubleheader with the Indy Grand Prix.
    Makes me consider going to the Indy car race on Saturday, up to my brother’s in Valpo for Saturday night, and then back for the Xfinity race on Sunday.

Of course, sunstroke would still be an option.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Lol, sure. So you think it would be a good idea to run it in May this year? How ya figure that?

Having lived over near CM at one time, there were always enough zombies walking through the neighborhood after the 500. If this Kung Flu is still going on by then, it would be harder to tell the drunk zombies from the real zombies! :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol, sure. So you think it would be a good idea to run it in May this year? How ya figure that?

I get it. But being an active participant for 18 straight years and growing up outside the back gates this is what May is around here. The sounds of spring is in the air with the cars at full song all day long. Now, Meh.

Unless you have lived it like we have you will not understand the emotions involved.

Thanks China.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I get it. But being an active participant for 18 straight years and growing up outside the back gates this is what May is around here. The sounds of spring is in the air with the cars at full song all day long. Now, Meh.

Unless you have lived it like we have you will not understand the emotions involved.

Thanks China.

Been to every race since 1990, plus the 86 race. It will be an odd may for sure.

The next time some slum arse worthless place starts breeding the next plague. Lets drop about five megatons of pure cleansing thermonuclear fire on it. (Im looking at you China, but Africa has bred a few scary ones)

We will take an economic hit. But it stands to see if its a smaller of the road 1992 type, a small bump early 2000s one, or maybe a early 80s type.. I don't think it will be anywhere near 2007/2009

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I was looking forward to what Penske was going to do this May as the new owner.

Renovations continue at the speedway.
    Some highlights? Well the pee troughs are gone with bathroom renos, mucho general cleanup and many trees cut down and much landscaping, and they moved the westside fence well out into the old georgetown road even further. (again) to give more room to walk.

And this was just in 3 months.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Thanks China.

So for the rest of us, you're sort of saying it's like the birds aren't coming back for spring until August? If so, that's pretty relatable.

Top Bottom