Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Indianapolis 500 postponed to 23 August 2020 (no Spoiler!)

I guess it was inevitable, but I think it’s better this way than to run it in front of empty grandstands on 24 May.

The road course race will apparently be run on the Fourth of July in conjunction with the NASCAR (whatever-the-sponsor-is-this-year) Cup race scheduled for Sunday 5 July.
    Brother, you asked for it!—Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastian d’Anconia

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey1911 View Post
    I guess it was inevitable, but I think it’s better this way than to run it in front of empty grandstands on 24 May.

The road course race will apparently be run on the Fourth of July in conjunction with the NASCAR (whatever-the-sponsor-is-this-year) Cup race scheduled for Sunday 5 July.
    While they're at it, they should also consider moving the race to THE SURFACE OF THE F*****G SUN.

It'll be cooler there.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Yep, it'll be hot. But I'll be there, Lord willing! Looks like I'll be seeing some Nascar, too, on the 4th of July weekend. Not the BY400, though. I'll go back to the BY400 when RP renovates the track and brings back the apron. That'll turn it into a good race and will enable two-wide all day for Indycar, with some 3 wide when the balls come out!
    "God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

User Info Menu

I ran the Indy Mini twice and even in early May, the moment I jogged....loped out of the tunnel unto the track- the heat. I wanted to end it all.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    While they're at it, they should also consider moving the race to THE SURFACE OF THE F*****G SUN.

It'll be cooler there.
    “If you think today was hot, try working a tractor in Fresno in July.”

—paraphrase of a quote I remember being attributed to Bill Vukovich after the 1953 race

Master

User Info Menu

Not realy surprised by their decision and it's probably a wise decision. As far out as some stuff is being pushed on the calendar, I'm starting to think it will take much longer than any 14 days to change the curve as they say. I told dad a couple days ago, I'm not so sure we will even get to race this year.
    Both series at Indy on the same weekend should be great. Anyone know if the Xfinitey cars will still be running the road course that weekend too?

User Info Menu

The Xfinity Series is running the road course and will part of a doubleheader with the Indy Grand Prix.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernStar25 View Post
    The Xfinity Series is running the road course and will part of a doubleheader with the Indy Grand Prix.
    Makes me consider going to the Indy car race on Saturday, up to my brother’s in Valpo for Saturday night, and then back for the Xfinity race on Sunday.

Of course, sunstroke would still be an option.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Well, that tears it. The very last vestige of a once great event is now gone.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernStar25 View Post
    Love it. I have been hoping for a Nascar/Indycar double header, so having it here where I can actually attend is consolation, to me, for it being delayed.

"God will have the last word, and it will be good!" --Dr. Robert H. Schuller

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast