• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Slightly sensationalizing the headline there as he likely started getting hammered while it was totally essential.

However, I don't condone a single bit of his behavior.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Spend 2 weeks in a house with a mix of teenagers and twentysomethings.

Then you can get an answer. ;)

The driving part is still a pretty hard "nope", IMO. Get as drunk as you want and go smash yourself into a tree if you like though. Some of my best stories have moments in them like that, sans the driving.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The driving part is still a pretty hard "nope", IMO. Get as drunk as you want and go smash yourself into a tree if you like though. Some of my best stories have moments in them like that, sans the driving.

Irrational times deserve irrational measures.

[Disclaimer: these posts are for comedic effect and do not defend drunk driving.]

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Was he arrested for the violation of home order or for the drunken crash? Or both?

Can you just be cited without being arrested for violation home order?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm thinking it's more like- arrested for something, and the "Stay at home" thing tacked on...which will be what happens for just about everyone charged for not staying put.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm thinking it's more like- arrested for something, and the "Stay at home" thing tacked on...which will be what happens for just about everyone charged for not staying put.

My assumption is that they'll also drop all but the most serious charge since that's what seems to usually happen. Gonna guess that's the drunk driving charge, but, you're better equipped to answer that than I am, by far.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

This is pretty much what I suspect, too. It will take something like a vehicle crash, disturbance, road rage, or an arrest for something else to bring one to the nice officer's attention.

As violation is a B misdemeanor, I would suspect if anyone is found to be violating, but not arrested, it will likely be a cite and release.

Also, the Executive Order contains so many exceptions to the stay-at-home order, it would take some effort to get arrested or cited for a violation. ISP has even tweeted that they are not out looking for stay-at-home order violations.

So, back to where this post started: yup, get arrested for something else, then get this charge added.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    On a related note... :rofl:

Man claiming to flee coronavirus busted with 257 pounds of pot, police say

VALPARAISO — A 26-year-old New York man, who initially told police the coronavirus cut short his trip to Nebraska to visit "some girls," was found to be in possession of 257 pounds of marijuana, according to police.Axel Melendez, of Brooklyn, was taken into custody on a felony count of dealing in marijuana and was given a bond Wednesday of $20,000 surety and $500 cash by Porter Superior Court Judge Jeffrey Clymer.

Melendez was taken into custody March 19 after his white rental van with Nebraska license plates was stopped by police along the Indiana Toll Road in Portage for following a truck too closely and changing lanes without signaling, according to the incident report.

The Hobart police officer, who was working as part of a highway interdiction effort, said he could smell marijuana when he got near the vehicle and saw a large blanket covering the contents in the rear of the vehicle.

Melendez said he rented the van for his trip back to New York after cutting his trip to Nebraska short because of the "corona thing." He denied having any guns or illegal drugs, but when questioned about the smell of marijuana, said "before, but not now."

The officer said he discovered multiple large duffel bags and a suitcase in the vehicle, which were all filled with vacuum-sealed bags of marijuana.

It was at that point Melendez admitted to driving to California to pick up the marijuana to take back to New York, police said.

During a video conference hearing Wednesday between the court and Porter County Jail, a preliminary plea of not guilty was entered on Melendez's behalf.

An Aug. 17 trial date was set, with preliminary hearings May 29 and July 10.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Yep.... And if you are going to drink and drive, at least drink at the fop.....

Why purple?

My only alcohol-related interaction with the police involved arriving at the police station in a POV perfectly sober, emerging several hours later perfectly squiffed to be driven home in a patrol car.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Can’t post the link from here, Fox59 had the story. Drunk naked guy from Chicago busted in Clinton County by ISP.

Top Bottom