Speedway area

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The elitists of both parties view us, the masses, as simple minded children and act accordingly. They make the rules to their own advantage and allow the bread and circuses to keep us distracted. It's been working for centuries.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    That is so idiotic. I am at a loss for words to even describe how idiotic it is.

Where does the mentality come from that makes people feel if they are negatively impacted, others must be. Did the owners of the closed stores hold their breathe and stomp their feet?

I bet that at least one "non-essential" store owner is now pissed because he/she was bright enough to begin stocking some "essential" items to stay open and now it won't help due to the rest of the inventory being off limits.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sounds to me like all of Howard County is non-essential. Vote with your feet.

At what point to we citizens simply declare a large portion of our Government non-essential?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We stopped in a place that was open yesterday because SWMBO had to take care of a personal issue. The place was rife with tacky metallic lawn decorations as well as a vape shop. While the boss was conducting her business I asked the lady at the counter about some of the aforementioned tacky yard decor and she told me she wasn't allowed to sell any of it. She said vaping products were considered essential and she could sell that to us but nothing else.

Screwed up world we're living in but "think of the children".

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm not a lawyer, not even close.
    I'm guessing that If challenged the correct way none of these "bans" would hold up in court.
    I mean all them from the governor on down.
    The rub comes when the offending business attempts to renew their liquor license or other permits they need to conduct business

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm guessing that If challenged the correct way none of these "bans" would hold up in court.
    The rub comes when the offending business attempts to renew their liquor license or other permits they need to conduct business

Hell hath no fury like a small town bureaucrat scorned!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    They don’t have to hold up in court, the sheep are in lockstep.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And the whole topic just illustrates the folly of this whole essential vs. inessential business BS. So Joe's patio and supply can't sell the thousand pounds of bird seed he has on hand and the inventory of patio furniture his life's savings are wrapped up in while he sits at home cooling his heels at the governments order. Then Wal-Mart is selling bird seed and patio furniture everyday.

Government picking winners and and losers is always a loser for the people.

There is a equal protection issue if one company can sell but another cannot.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Wow. Doesn't surprise me someone is crying, life isn't fair. Frankly I am surprised how many businesses are still open that I can't view as essential. Such as car dealers, how are car sales essential? Uncertain times we live in

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Wow. Doesn't surprise me someone is crying, life isn't fair. Frankly I am surprised how many businesses are still open that I can't view as essential. Such as car dealers, how are car sales essential? Uncertain times we live in

The email I received from the Indiana Secretary of State said dealers with a service department were allowed to stay open as service is a necessity. So technically I am allowed to stay open since I have a service department. On the other hand, people are not allowed out on the roads so it really doesnt matter if I am open or not. . . there are not any customers out and about. :dunno:

Top Bottom