Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Boomer check-in

User Info Menu

Skateboards! Don't forget skateboards! The first round.
    Yes I am for gun control!! A firm grip, steady aim, and a gentle squeeze!!

What comes after your first "infraction"? Double Secret Probation perhaps???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Couldn't get Dad to spring for a Schwinn "Crate" bike, so I had a Sears "Screamer" (yellow). Gear shift on the crossbar, 20" slick in the back, 16" in the front, ape hanger handlebars and a sissy bar on the back.
    Mine was purple. I loved that bike.

User Info Menu

You might be a boomer if this magazine was the hottest thing a kid could find in the magazine rack at the Ben Franklin.

I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Who else had the creepy crawlers. You squirted some kind of juice into the molds. Run by electricity. Made edible bugs. They died out pretty quick. I wonder if they were burning houses down, burning children or poisoning them....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Who else had the creepy crawlers. You squirted some kind of juice into the molds. Run by electricity. Made edible bugs. They died out pretty quick. I wonder if they were burning houses down, burning children or poisoning them....
    I had creepy crawlers, but they actually came out with the mold that fit on the Vacu-form machine. You'd clamp in a sheet of thin plastic in a frame, it would heat the plastic, then you'd stick a "mold" under the plastic and pump out the air so that the plastic would form itself to the mold. You could make little HO race car bodies with it. The creepy crawler plates would fit in the square frame of that machine and it would cook the plastic "goop" into worms, bugs, etc.. Mine weren't the edible kind though. They were just some kind of rubbery soft plastic.

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

Born in 46, probably have seen and lived through every thing you all have mentioned but can't remember it.

User Info Menu

Today is Vietnam Veterans Day.
    I just wanted to let you "boomers" who are Vietnam vets know THANK YOU for your loyal service to our country. Vietnam vets have a special place in my heart and are an inspiration to me. And my family members who served in Vietnam had a huge impact on me joining the Army. You paved the way for modern members of the military and hopefully because of your sacrifices both abroad and at home other veterans will never again be treated that way.
    I Salute you all!
    Wherever you go, there you are.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    If you remember playing with the Knockers / Clackers two balls on a string toy.
    You must be playing with your ding A Ling -Chuck Berry

Knowledge keeps one from being vulnerable.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast