• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    He was an immense talent and an old school country singer of the highest degree. Great songs like "John Deere Green", "Pickup Man", "Ships That Don't Come In", "If The Devil Danced In Empty Pockets", "Third Rock From The Sun", "Honky Tonk Attitude", "Prop Me Up Beside The Jukebox" and "Home" ensure that his legacy will live on. RIP.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I saw Snapdragon post this in the OSUT thread, but I didn't know who he was (still don't), but RIP...

The 4 big ones most people would be likely to have heard once or twice over the years:

[video=youtube;9I51JXpcLwk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I51JXpcLwk[/video]

[video=youtube;vMiEFyTuuh8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMiEFyTuuh8[/video]

[video=youtube;vlAa0IGCXCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlAa0IGCXCw[/video]

[video=youtube;DqitNIboFvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqitNIboFvc[/video]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    He was an immense talent and an old school country singer of the highest degree. Great songs like "John Deere Green", "Pickup Man", "Ships That Don't Come In", "If The Devil Danced In Empty Pockets", "Third Rock From The Sun", "Honky Tonk Attitude" and "Home" ensure that his legacy will live on. RIP.

Yep... One of the last of the good ones, IMO.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I saw that singer songwriter John Prine is on life support with the Chinese virus, COVID-19. He's not been in the greatest of health.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Fortunate to have spent some time in Nashville TN, (only a Hoosier would clarify that) and always loved the small places the struggling tried to make it. There are literally thousands there that are trying at any time. Also have been to Key West for the song writers convention and met a lot of the real stars of the music there. Guys like this are the backbone of music. RIP, and thanks for sharing what was inside you!

I remember one night on Broadway a drunk with a guitar asked for money, I asked what he could play, he said I do Johnny Cash songs, I asked him to play ghost riders in the sky. It was a truly haunting experience, the life and emotion expressed by this drunk was off the charts, deep and heart felt. Gave him $50 for that and have often prayed for his situation. I don't think ole Johnny himself could have done it better...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    All I know is, if he doesn’t get propped up next to a jukebox in some closed down bar, his spirit will not reach the afterlife.

I'm really hoping someone can make that happen, but with him dying of super communicable China plaque, he's probably already been sent through the incinerator.

DangerousDave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Cayuga
    I remember seeing him in concert. He sure put on one helluva show. He will be sadly missed by those who appreciate true country music. I can't believe that the major networks haven't mentioned his passing. When Kenny Rogers passed away it was all over the news. RIP Joe.

Top Bottom