• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    Anyone else going back to work today April 6th? I know some people never left and have actually been working more. Y’all are appreciated. After a week and a half of sitting at home, our company has decided that we are sacrificial. We can return to work against the governors orders. Mind you I’m not really upset about it, I was getting pretty bored. It will be interesting to see if companies we do work for are open or how many jobs we will have over the next few months. I for one am ready for everything to return to normal but I feel we have a long road ahead of us.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Curious to see whether everyone shows back up, or do some stay at home, abiding with the governors "order".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I would go, if called. Not that I don’t consider this bug to be a threat if caught...especially if you’re already “sick”. Nor do I think I’m expendable. I tend to lean in the direction that this shut down will ultimately do more harm than good. If I were diabetic, had congestive heart failure, etc., I’m sure my opinion would be different.

We need to get back to work.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been on vacation, but I start working on Wednesday. It will be from home though. Our agency directed us to telework at least thru April 19th. Kinda hoping they extend it... for 7 years or so, when I retire. :)

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I don't mind not wandering through international airports where anybody from anywhere could be walking by, standing next to you, sitting next to you. I haven't missed a days work though working from home.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    That is quite common. I think our office people are “working from home” hahaha. I know that a lot of people actually do work the same no matter where they are at. A lot spent the time doing things at home. I did some, not as much as I wanted to. Most of the projects I wanted to do involved spending money and just wasn’t gonna do it.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The wife and I both work in hospitals so we've never stopped going in except for a few much needed extra days off. We canceled a much needed vacation earlier in the year due to a big inspection and just last week canceled again due to covid but have managed a few mental health days here and there.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Our office went to a skeleton crew of 6 “chosen” by the upper management. All other office personnel are working remotely. Mandatory team meeting via Microsoft Teams in the morning and again in the afternoon. All field employees have been working “business as usual”. We had one job shut down for a day due to an electrician calling off sick, then it was back up and running.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I haven't missed a day in the office. Our staff comes in 1 of every 3 days to keep people separated and work from home the rest of the time. I have not been within 15 feet of a person outside my family this whole time. Most of the attorneys work from home. I have 3 people schooling at home on dsl at, optimistically, 6mb speed, but in reality 1 mb, and there is no internet option.

I am not concerned in the least, but my daily routine is now pretty involved. I and my partners don't work, a lot of people lose their jobs.

Jozenbau, what type of business is it?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My wife got called back to work. Odd to me, because the surge expected in a couple of weeks will be people exposed now. She's trying to fill out a part time leave of absence on line.

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I have 3 people schooling at home on dsl at, optimistically, 6mb speed, but in reality 1 mb, and there is no internet option.
    No cell service at home?
    You could use a cell modem to lighten the load.

40 hours a week, plus a half day on Saturday for me.
    Someone had to make the changes that enable others to be safe.
    I could use some time off.

Top Bottom