• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Did everyone survive that wind? I tell you what, that was the strongest wind I can remember in a while. I was driving down the road and trees started losing limbs all over the car...then all the sudden a transformer or something started exploding. Not sure what it was...it did it once, huge explosion and bright light...and lights on road flickered then I seen it do it again in rear view mirror. I then turned around and went back towards it and it just kept doing it, like 5-8 different times that thing put off like welding light, and each time lasted 2-3 seconds. Not sure what it was...I didnt see a transformer but a bunch of them coil looking things and fuses on the pole.

Got to go fix grand babies trampoline tomorrow.....guess it took flight and she isnt happy. I done had roof damage calls from Zionsville and Whitestown, for hail damage.

Hope you all survived and had less excitement than me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We got about one good gust down here. It rocked the house pretty good but it didn’t last long. Then the power went out. The REMC outage map looks like the Orange County REMC boys are going to have a busy night.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    It just passed me, power is out, really high winds. We had a get to shelter immediately warning said tornado was area. Got the candles burning. The bad part is past just lots of rain yet.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We got about one good gust down here. It rocked the house pretty good but it didn’t last long. Then the power went out. The REMC outage map looks like the Orange County REMC boys are going to have a busy night.

Orange County REMC and power outages? Sounds like my youth! Oh wait, yeah that was my youth. Underground power lines can spoil you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Orange County REMC and power outages? Sounds like my youth! Oh wait, yeah that was my youth. Underground power lines can spoil you.

I’ll have to give them credit... They do a decent job responding when we’ve had outages in the past. Of course, when they’re widespread like this storm appears to have been, it could be awhile.

If this does last awhile, it might push a whole-house generator back to the top of the wife’s wish list. :D

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    Was gettin it here in shelbyville at the hotel. Felt the front of the van lift and shift in parking spot one time. The flag out front was flying the opposite direction the wind was coming from. Whipping around the building.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I have a backyard full of tree limbs, but that’s the extent of it. I guess I’ll get the chainsaw out tomorrow and make some firewood.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't see any damage on the cameras. I'll look in the morning.
    We did take shelter just to be safe. Better safe than dead.
    I had WINDerized everything before it hit. Including tying down the trampoline. That didnt get done once and It almost ended up in the lake lol

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I don't see any damage on the cameras. I'll look in the morning.
    We did take shelter just to be safe. Better safe than dead.
    I had WINDerized everything before it hit. Including tying down the trampoline. That didnt get done once and It almost ended up in the lake lol

lol, I told my son in law that grand daughters trampoline needed secured........we laid about 6-8 bags of sand on it. Must have just took them with it. I guess a 60-70 mph wind can lift a lot more than 300-400#, kind of shocked it got lifted on us.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I'm not excited to survey the damage tomorrow, but I am glad that I've been working on the dead ash trees so much. I managed to get 40-some sold a few years ago when I first noticed the borer arrived, and I've dropped 44 more since November. Only about 20 still to do.

The one closest to the house I just got down yesterday afternoon. Glad it wasn't tested by that wind.

Top Bottom