• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just finished up a 6 am Friday Men's Bible Study that I do every week.
    Used to be a Panera Bread on E. Southport.
    Now we use Zoom.

We interrupted our usual book in the Bible we were studying b/c of "Good Friday."
    We went to the book of Mathew, chapter 27, starting at verse 11 and read through the end of the chapter.

Very insightful, reflective and awesome, the contemplating/discussion of the concept of the Son of God becoming flesh and suffering in the flesh to pay the price of death for each of our sins.

Mind-blowing and hard to wrap our minds around it.

We are loved by God in a way we will never get while living in the flesh on Earth, but look forward to an eternity in the Kingdom of God.
    Allowing these nuggets of Truth to utterly change our lives is the point.
    I'm still working on that.

God can't love us any more or any less.

End of today's sermonette. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Amen.

We’ll probably VOLUNTARILY abide by the .gov’s recommendations and postpone our usual activities. We’ll probably listen to our online sermon and watch an appropriately themed movie or 2. I think that will probably be it.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    We will be watching a youtube sermon.
    And then My Wife and Myself will enjoy The Usual Easter Dinner .Consisting of Ham,Mashed potatoes with scratched made Ham Gravy, and Green Bean casserole

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Traditions will be upheld as the kids live right next door so no travel involved.
    We have a good Hoosier style breakfast. Then the terrorists get the egg hunt and baskets. They are so excited.

lrdudley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This Easter Sunday will be the first in over a decade that our store will be closed and will the the first day off I have had in the last couple of weeks. We are going to make an upside down pizza in a 12" cast iron skillet. This is a first attempt, so we will see how it goes. Then we have a Zoom session scheduled for later in the day with all the siblings and our families. The farthest away being in Spain. Should be a fun event.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I am very disappointed about not being able to attend service as this is the first Easter since I've come back to Christ. I spent most of my life as a non-believer and would have previously related more to the Roman soldiers mocking Christ on the day of his crucifixion for his claim of being the Son of God.

That changed at the start of this year as I finally found a church that I enjoy and connect with. The pastor there has completely changed my viewpoint and softened my heart to God. Today I woke up and started the day by reading the book of Mark.

On Sunday the kids and I will get dressed up nice and watch the live stream of the morning service and probably color some hard boiled eggs. The festivities will be greatly scaled back. I don't have supplies since I've been adhering to the shelter in place order pretty closely. No candy, Easter baskets or toys this year, but we are together and that's what matters.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    Stay at home and have a nice dinner with the family. We will stream the Easter service from our church. Make some calls to family since we can't be together.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Start the morning off with Easter egg hunt for the youngest. Then some homemade cinnamon rolls for breakast followed by traditional Easter dinner. Ham, mashed potatoes with homemade gravy, corn and green beans and fresh loaf of homemade 7 grain bread.
    I'm sure at some point all give my sister's a call as well. 2 in AZ and 1 In MT and wish them a Happy Easter as well

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Easter service online. Sing some songs. Go for a walk in the woods if not raining. Unfortunately no lamb, ham, jam and yams this year.
    Then the wait until Thursday - 70% off Easter candy.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was just reading that down south, they’re predicting some rough weather. The one weather guy I follow is using terms like “outbreak” and “long-lived and destructive” and “deadly”. We may be disappointed that our preferred plans are on hold this Easter but at least we’re not on deck for severe weather.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Remote worship. (well, I'll be there live, I'm the one doing the streaming for the pastor)
    Then cooking a ham, making ham gravy for the first time, and trying not to mess it up. This is the first Easter dinner at an older family member's house in my life I will have missed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    May watch my dvd of Jesus Christ Superstar at some point. Going to clean the house while it's raining. May start a pot of ham 'n beans tomorrow night since it looks like a cool week ahead.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Looks like rain tomorrow morning. Umbrellas at the ready for the egg hunt as we will not fail to have one. There has been enough disappointment for the kids lately.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    The wife & I just finished our online Easter service from The Creek.
    It was truly a spiritual time, enhanced and brought on I'm sure by all the isolation and heightened awareness that many are suffering.
    I got alot out of it even though it is the 1000th time I've read, heard, listened to, or watched movies about the resurrection of the Son of God.
    I never tire of hearing of God becoming flesh through Jesus, walking among us, seeing how he loved & forgave others & allowed Himself to be tortured to fulfill God's prophecies & plan of redemption for mankind.
    I certainly would not have raised my hand to volunteer for that "job."
    Volunteering to come down to Earth to keep the lions from eating Daniel would have been more my speed.

I'll never figure out why our redemption had to be done like that, but that's why God is God: we are limited in our understanding and see only dimly while living on this earth.
    The Bible says the old prophets & even Angels longed to look into these things (amazing!).
    The "mysteries" of God, are exactly that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think my plans are mostly over. Talked to the youngest grand daughter and wished her Happy Easter and got to hear what the Easter Bunny brought her. :) Then I cleaned the house, just finished a plate of hot wings and am now getting ready to take a nap. I thought about watching my Jesus Christ Superstar dvd, but then I realized that my dvd player uses RCA jacks, and the new tv I just got only has HDMI inputs, and I don't have an extra HDMI cable. Actually I'm not even certain the dvd player has an HDMI port (I rarely watch movies.)

Top Bottom