• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I never really liked it. The wife wanted to switch to cheaper pop.

I found I actually like DrThunder better than Dr Pepper. In the last 2 weeks it appears that all the sams colas are gone on the SW side of Indy. I don’t even see places on the shelf for them now.

anyone else noticed?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    FWIW, Sam's online has been demolished, including for in-store pickup. Even a jar of nuts was out of stock and is now taking 10 days to ship. I think they're just overwhelmed and out of stock on many things that we wouldn't have expected.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just keep in mind, it is estimated that Americans consume 50% of their food and drink in restaurants, that now is 90% from home. The supply chain is not built for that demand...

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Just keep in mind, it is estimated that Americans consume 50% of their food and drink in restaurants, that now is 90% from home. The supply chain is not built for that demand...

This is the issue. Same thing for toilet paper.

We are used to eating food and using the bathroom in public places. Now that we're all at home, our supply system isn't ready for it.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    interesting.... does everyone poop on the clock???

Not just workers; it's customers, too. People on road trips stopping at gas stations, people staying in hotels, etc.

And remember that women go through a lot more paper than men. They definitely use TP on the clock.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not just workers; it's customers, too. People on road trips stopping at gas stations, people staying in hotels, etc.

And remember that women go through a lot more paper than men. They definitely use TP on the clock.

This post struck me so funny I was laughing out loud. We are literally discussing the bathroom habits of the population at large.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    FWIW, Sam's online has been demolished, including for in-store pickup. Even a jar of nuts was out of stock and is now taking 10 days to ship. I think they're just overwhelmed and out of stock on many things that we wouldn't have expected.

But I dont even see a space on the shelf for them. Its not that they are out, but that I dont even see spaces on the shelf for them to restock!

Edit and I'm not talking Sams Club. I'm talking about Walmart and their smaller Neighborhood Market stores.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    But I dont even see a space on the shelf for them. Its not that they are out, but that I dont even see spaces on the shelf for them to restock!

Sam's Club uses magnets to mark shelf space for a reason; they are constantly changing out products based on inventory. If they get it back in stock, it takes about 15 seconds for someone to create a space for it.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville

Walmart doesn't have the employees to fill online and especially in store pickup. A few weeks ago they had a daily limit of 125-150 in store pickups, now the limit is double that.
    They cant get the employees at most stores to fill the orders. Same with Amazon, my normal orders at 2-3 days are now double that to sometimes 7-8 days.
    Post Office the same, I sent a two day priority to Chicago last fri, it was delivered 6 days later on thursday, the return was shipped on fri and tracking says this tues arrival.

Top Bottom