• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I bought a John deere z335e zero turn mower that was dropped off the other day. Today I went to start it up and and the engine runa fine but it won't move at all in any direction.

Anyone have any thoughts? At this point I'm about to just return it and hire a lawn service.

EDIT: long story short, I'm an idiot and there is a transmission disconnect in the back.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I bought a John deere z335e zero turn mower that was dropped off the other day. Today I went to start it up and and the engine runa fine but it won't move at all in any direction.

Anyone have any thoughts? At this point I'm about to just return it and hire a lawn service.

I didn't know you were Italian. ;)

I'm not familiar with the ZT John Deeres but my Deere lawn tractor has a transmission "disconnect" (I don't know if that's the right term) - it's a little L-shaped rod that sticks out of the back that I pull out if I need to push it, and push in to engage the transmission. It's a hydrostatic transmission, so there is no "neutral". This basically does the same thing as putting one in neutral would do. If I try to run it while it's pulled out, it won't go anywhere, similar to revving your car engine in neutral.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    How good of a deal was this? I'm sorta lazy, so if I were delivering said mower, I would drive it off the truck. They aren't easy to push.

So it was really easy to push, which got me thinking. Apparently, there are two pins in the back to disengage the transmission so it's really easy to push. All I had to do was slide the pins and boom I'm up and running.

Called Castongia John Deere in Crown Point and they helped me out no problem and we're very easy to get ahold of despite me telling them I'm an idiot and bought at lowes.

Side note, I regret buying from lowes because they were horrible and useless, but I did save like $600 from military discount and gift cards.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    So it was really easy to push, which got me thinking. Apparently, there are two pins in the back to disengage the transmission so it's really easy to push. All I had to do was slide the pins and boom I'm up and running.

Called Castongia John Deere in Crown Point and they helped me out no problem and we're very easy to get ahold of despite me telling them I'm an idiot and bought at lowes.

Side note, I regret buying from lowes because they were horrible and useless, but I did save like $600 from military discount and gift cards.

Glad your up and running. Show you how much I don't know.:)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Sounds similar to what I was talking about but since yours is a ZTR, it makes sense that it would have 2. Glad it's working again! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom