• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ok folks, we have the coronavirus thread where we’ve tracked the outbreak and death toll. I figured we can use this thread to track the death toll of murder hornets.

Make sure to wear your bee suits and carry a can of raid with you.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    2a12b3d88eedee7096161f9e6d95d4a44b-3-murderhornet.rsquare.w1200.jpg

because I like pictures

holy flippin frig batman...i'm going to soil myself if i see one of those things!

that guy needs to moisturize his cuticles before something bad happens.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Apparently not too many humans are killed, but they destroy honeybee populations. They’re already dying off in high numbers, so we don’t need this. Someone needs to order bees to shelter-in-place until we can flatten this curve.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    View attachment 86802

because I like pictures

holy flippin frig batman...i'm going to soil myself if i see one of those things!

that guy needs to moisturize his cuticles before something bad happens.

Ive been stung by a lot of insects, but that looks like it would be the most painful sting imaginable. Hope i don’t run into a nest of them when we’re out fishin

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Apparently not too many humans are killed, but they destroy honeybee populations. They’re already dying off in high numbers, so we don’t need this. Someone needs to order bees to shelter-in-place until we can flatten this curve.
    That was what I heard also. Only like 50 deaths a year from these things on a bad year, but they hunt down honeybee hives and destroy them.

Waiting for my murder hornet relief check to arrive.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I about peed myself when a cicada killer wasp landed between my feet last summer. First time I had seen one of those. He was docile enough. They pretty much leave people alone. I guess I need a photo comparing the two, sounds like they are about the same size.

$&#@ the media for sensationalizing yet another thing by making up the name “murder hornet.” Whatever it takes to sell the story.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WIBC was talking about these guys yesterday evening. The regular bees in Japan have adapted and apparently they do regular perimeter searches for these hornets. If they find any they pile up on it and vibrate to create heat. The bees have figured out that they can withstand a little higher heat than the hornets so they basically kill it by heating it up.
    Also they were talking about some kids show host or YouTube guy that apparently explores nature and one of his shticks is to get stung by all kinds of things and compare them. They played the audio and he wasn't screaming like a little girl, he was screaming like a manly man that was in massive pain. He said that technically some other kind of ant is supposed to be the most painful sting, but he's had both and ranks this higher!

I guess about 50 people a year in Japan actually get killed by them. The name is because they murder bees, not because they murder people.

Another bullet point I remember him mentioning is that a small number of these bee murderers can wipe out a regular bee hive in minutes.

Sounds like we need to get some regular Japanese bees and train up our native bees so they know what's coming. :-)

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Oh, I also remember...

The stinger is so friggin huge that the bee suits people use here in the states are worthless. They sting right through them!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I don’t like our hornets, I really hate these.

Henryville Hornets are an exception.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    WIBC was talking about these guys yesterday evening. The regular bees in Japan have adapted and apparently they do regular perimeter searches for these hornets. If they find any they pile up on it and vibrate to create heat. The bees have figured out that they can withstand a little higher heat than the hornets so they basically kill it by heating it up.
    Also they were talking about some kids show host or YouTube guy that apparently explores nature and one of his shticks is to get stung by all kinds of things and compare them. They played the audio and he wasn't screaming like a little girl, he was screaming like a manly man that was in massive pain. He said that technically some other kind of ant is supposed to be the most painful sting, but he's had both and ranks this higher!

I guess about 50 people a year in Japan actually get killed by them. The name is because they murder bees, not because they murder people.

Another bullet point I remember him mentioning is that a small number of these bee murderers can wipe out a regular bee hive in minutes.

Sounds like we need to get some regular Japanese bees and train up our native bees so they know what's coming. :-)

I think the guy you’re talking about that gets bit and stung is named coyote, his YouTube channel is brave wilderness. Actually kinda entertaining

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

So do we need ninja bees or samurai bees?

ninja-bee-sword-600w-133092191.jpg

or:

samurai_bee_by_tinchorodriguez_dadtp0x-fullview.jpg

Top Bottom