• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Love the Hawgs! They were making Rooskie tank crews crap themselves long before they were making terrorists crap themselves.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Flew right over my house. As I was texting my Dad (Wright Patt retiree) to ask if he heard/saw them he was already texting me with "I love those A-10's!"

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I see the boys a couple times a week. My business and the Air Guards property actually touch, I am right next door.

There have been times I am in the back lot and all of a sudden five of them come right over the trees so low I swear I could see the color of the pilots eyes.

Last edited:

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    'Merica = A10! We grew up with them flying out of Grissom. Tree top runs up our creek were quite often. Or strafing combines in the fall. Too cool. :yesway:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    'Merica = A10! We grew up with them flying out of Grissom. Tree top runs up our creek were quite often. Or strafing combines in the fall. Too cool. :yesway:
    The F-4s out of the Louisville ANG unit used to come smokin across the farm. Thought the hay baler was flyin apart a few times.

glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    We had a single A10 fly over our house Sunday morning, wasn’t much above the tree level. The whole family was outside doing yard work and the two kids got pretty excited.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    They flew directly over my house and it was great, the whole family was out waving. I guess I'm jaded...or just privileged but without the BRRRRRRT! It's just not the same.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    At my dad's old place just north of the Red River in Oklahoma you could hear prop engine trainers practicing dog fighting for hours every day, I believe they were T6 Texans. He wasn't very far (as the Air Force Trainer flies) From Shepard Air Base in Wichita Falls.

T-6A_Texan_II.jpg

Not one of theirs, I believe they were the 363rd FTS.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That T-6 Texan II photo is straight from the Sherpard AFB photo library.

Had a relative go through ENJJPT (European NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training) there learning first in the T-6, then the T-38. Graduates of that program moved on to F-22, F-16, F-15, A-10 and other jet powered aircraft. My relative went on to the F-16 and then his current office, the F-35.

For out and out close air support it is hard to beat the A-10 with it's extended loiter time and massive armament capability.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That T-6 Texan II photo is straight from the Sherpard AFB photo library.

Had a relative go through ENJJPT (European NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training) there learning first in the T-6, then the T-38. Graduates of that program moved on to F-22, F-16, F-15, A-10 and other jet powered aircraft. My relative went on to the F-16 and then his current office, the F-35.

For out and out close air support it is hard to beat the A-10 with it's extended loiter time and massive armament capability.

Sorry I was thinking the 558th was out of Austin or San Antone, somewhere further south in Texas.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I hope I get to see them. Not sure if I will or not, but I just set a reminder on my work calendar so I'd remember to start looking a little before 2.

It's funny that they're flying over our old location in "the Grove" but we won't be able to see them from our current location because we're too far south of the loop. They'll probably be visible but very small. We'll see them in Pensacola during one of their practice sessions later this year if we're ever allowed to travel again.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's funny that they're flying over our old location in "the Grove" but we won't be able to see them from our current location because we're too far south of the loop. They'll probably be visible but very small. We'll see them in Pensacola during one of their practice sessions later this year if we're ever allowed to travel again.

I'm just west of 31 and 465 so I don't know if I'll be able to see them above the tree line or not. Guess it depends on how high they're flying.

Top Bottom