• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So things are reopening here. Got me to thinking how much money I could save on haircuts. Under normal circumstances I have it cut about Twice a month. Simple 3 on the top and 2 on the sides. I was able to get it cut today, at lunch, thankfully my wait was. Minimal. It took her all of maybe 5 minutes. So how hard can it be.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Two weeks isn't that long if you mess it up.

Yeah that’s what got me thinking. I usually do not wear a ball cap unless I am out side working and then I do, so I figure worse comes to worse I could wear one more often. Besides I am pretty low maintenance, and not exactly Mr. G Q. For me Button down shirt and 13 MWZ’s are good for off days.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I haven't paid for a haircut in 27 years since my wife took the job. I always joke that I can't go to get my haircut because I'll get arrested for molesting the girl that's cutting my hair.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’ve been cutting my own hair since sophomore year of high school. It isn’t hard at all, use a mirror behind you and a mirror in front of you. I usually go 3/8” on top, 1/8” on the sides, with a 1/4” blending the two.

I wear a hat 99% of the day, so there’s that. But, I’ve never messed it up so bad that I need to wear a hat. It’s just hair, it’ll grow back (hopefully).

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I’ve been cutting my own hair since sophomore year of high school. It isn’t hard at all, use a mirror behind you and a mirror in front of you. I usually go 3/8” on top, 1/8” on the sides, with a 1/4” blending the two.

I wear a hat 99% of the day, so there’s that. But, I’ve never messed it up so bad that I need to wear a hat. It’s just hair, it’ll grow back (hopefully).

I think I am going to outsource it to my wife, she is pretty good at stuff like that. Plus money saved can buy some nice flowers for her.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    when you care to send the very best, LE HST, looks like flower petals to me. So perhaps a good compromise A box and flowers.
    We are coming up on 20 years in October.
    Congrats. That’s awesome, hard to do now days, really happy for you guys. Better cut your hair somehow before that day!!!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm a do-it-yourselfer too when it comes to hair cuts. The only thing I can't do is shave my neck after I'm done. I probably could if I rigged up some kind of Rube Goldberg machine to do it.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Congrats. That’s awesome, hard to do now days, really happy for you guys. Better cut your hair somehow before that day!!!

Yeah sometimes I have a hard time putting up with Me lol. Trying to plan something has been a a real pia. Hopefully by October things can get back to somewhere near normal. With all the OT I have been able to set aside a nice bit to plan something nice.

Geoman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    So. IN
    I have cut my own for many years. Save the $$$$$$. I also occasionally cut the dog, but with a different clipper. That saves a lot of $$$$$ but I'm not very good with the dog.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    So things are reopening here. Got me to thinking how much money I could save on haircuts. Under normal circumstances I have it cut about Twice a month. Simple 3 on the top and 2 on the sides. I was able to get it cut today, at lunch, thankfully my wait was. Minimal. It took her all of maybe 5 minutes. So how hard can it be.

My younger son has to get his cut every sunday, with all thats going on they now have been cut back to once every third sunday. Sometimes one of them gets caught cutting their own or others hair so to save 10 bucks a week. With being caught it involves a overloaded fun run full of lunges, burpees and pushups..
    I cut my own, but I do laugh when he tells me he or someone gets caught. Thats his pic to the left.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    My younger son has to get his cut every sunday, with all thats going on they now have been cut back to once every third sunday. Sometimes one of them gets caught cutting their own or others hair so to save 10 bucks a week. With being caught it involves a overloaded fun run full of lunges, burpees and pushups..
    I cut my own, but I do laugh when he tells me he or someone gets caught. Thats his pic to the left.

Prior to all the Hoopla we took my son to Great Clips every Sunday as well. MJJROTC they offered $2.00 discount for ROTC still it added up quickly. But I was not going to cheap out with him Teenagers have a lot going on and Certainly was not going to add a bad haircut to the list of things he needed to worry about.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Mine used to be $25. When I joined the National Guard the wife started cutting my hair and has been now for nearly 20 years. She cut hair at JCPenny out of high school so she knows what she is doing.

Top Bottom