Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MarkC View Post
    WRTV-6 Just posted an article about restaurant closures in Indy. Some of these have already been covered in the thread:

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...ue-to-covid-19

Bravo! at 86th and Township Line along with Brugge Brasserie in Broad Ripple are two new additions, it looks like. Unless I missed them upthread.
    Iíll miss Brugge. We liked to share a bucket of muscles and a few of their beers.

Not that Broad Ripple is short on bars now, but I did like Old Proís Table for their fire in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Pier 1 has been sliding downhill for quite some time, failing to adapt as it lost business to Wayfair and Amazon. Stock price was down 67% to 14 CENTS.

I wish people would stop classifying all businesses filling for bankruptcy or going out of business as being the result of .COV-19.

Next thing we know, a gun shop will close down because a owner over extended himself with a horrible lease, and some really bad business decisions and that'll get blamed on COV-19 also.
    Don't be that Richard, nobody likes a smart ass Richard, there's way more than we need here.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

Resident Dumbass II GLOCKMAN23C's Avatar

User Info Menu

Clayton Cafť in Clayton, IN.

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Get outta my damn yard.......
    Quote Originally Posted by db1959 View Post
    The wind likes to blow my balls around.
    I will not give, not one more inch. No more compromise. From my cold dead hands.

GOA Member
    The 2A Project Member

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. --Thomas Jefferson

A HAM with a radio, and nothing to say.

User Info Menu

Jasper has lost a few small bakeries and Obermeyer Honda (bikes) is shutting down.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman View Post
    <snip>
    I wish people would stop classifying all businesses filling for bankruptcy or going out of business as being the result of .COV-19.

There will be plenty of politicized closings... President Trump's inaction and incompetence caused billions and billions of dollars of economic devastation--see, all these closed businesses! It will take real journalism to sift through the lists of "affected" businesses to show the reality.

User Info Menu

Wasn't sure if this should go here, or in the Coronavirus IV thread, but since it's business related, I thought this was the best place. As has been mentioned, the city (Indy) is closing some streets and sidewalks to allow restaurants to have outdoor seating. While this sounds great for the restaurants, other businesses are not happy about it.

"After learning about the street closure, a group of Mass Ave businesses have come together to send a letter to the city, saying that the closure should be immediately halted because they were blindsided by the news.The group of businesses feel that the street closure decision was made "with no input or regard for the people it will impact.""

There's a copy of a letter near the bottom of the article that represents the view of some of these businesses.

https://www.wthr.com/article/streets-closing-dozens-restaurants-getting-ready-reopen

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman View Post
    ...I wish people would stop classifying all businesses filling for bankruptcy or going out of business as being the result of .COV-19...
    Your sentiment is understood. However, there is no denying that the lockdown has finished off many businesses that may well have restructured, recouped or revamped to find a successful business plan.

Another argument here is that the virus and the lockdown are two different things. Much further study is needed to separate the virus, the lockdown and the ensuing fear that took away the sales that some frail businesses were just barely hanging on by.

It'll be interesting to study places like South Dakota and Sweden who did not lock down. How did their businesses fare, that weren't affected by outside factors?

It's easy to forget that just two months ago the overall business future was so bright, we all had to wear shades.
    Last edited by bwframe; 05-21-2020 at 17:20.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Wasn't sure if this should go here, or in the Coronavirus IV thread, but since it's business related, I thought this was the best place. As has been mentioned, the city (Indy) is closing some streets and sidewalks to allow restaurants to have outdoor seating. While this sounds great for the restaurants, other businesses are not happy about it.

"After learning about the street closure, a group of Mass Ave businesses have come together to send a letter to the city, saying that the closure should be immediately halted because they were blindsided by the news.The group of businesses feel that the street closure decision was made "with no input or regard for the people it will impact.""

There's a copy of a letter near the bottom of the article that represents the view of some of these businesses.

https://www.wthr.com/article/streets-closing-dozens-restaurants-getting-ready-reopen

Government bureaucrats making a decision "with no input or regard for the people it will impact?"

No way. I'm shocked. Shocked I say.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Government bureaucrats making a decision "with no input or regard for the people it will impact?"

No way. I'm shocked. Shocked I say.
    IKR? I was skeptical when I first heard about it (my concern was changing traffic patterns due to closed streets though), and said so here, but was criticized by some. Apparently I was not alone. I know their intentions were good (for the restaurants at least), but when it comes to paving, I thing .gov should probably stick to asphalt.

User Info Menu

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...us/5231836002/

L Brands is shuttering 250 (to start) Victoria's Secret locations. (Insert joke about lingerie half off here) and 50 Bath & Body Works. VS has been struggling for awhile as they kind of wavered on branding and market position. I don't know about Bath & Body Works but apparently they are actually doing pretty well. The goal seems to be to uncouple them and then let VS/Pink live or die on it's own (or, more likely, plunder it for it's assets and let the remnants sink).

L'otters are not afraid.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast