Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    I asked an Eye-talian friend from the 'Burg,...
    We did everything we could to run the garlic eaters out of town in the Ď70s.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    We did everything we could to run the garlic eaters out of town in the Ď70s.
    You'd likely know the last name if I said it. My buddy's grandpa was quite the character and quite well know in the greater 'Burg/Elkhart area.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ghuns View Post
    You'd likely know the last name if I said it. My buddy's grandpa was quite the character and quite well know in the greater 'Burg/Elkhart area.
    To be clear...I was joking. I probably would know the name.

Itís sad. I have no real connection with the ĎBurg other than history now and the fact that my dad is buried in the village cemetery. Mom sold the Houghmstead last year. We used to go to the Memorial Day parade every year and run into people we knew from as far back as elementary school even though I have not lived there (full time) since 1989.

Since Mom doesnít live there anymore, other than passing through to visit and maintain Dadís grave, probably will not be there much, if at all.

Most things I knew from my childhood are gone.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    To be clear...I was joking. I probably would know the name...
    Oh, I know.

They're a good family.

But if I ever wake up to a horse head in my bed, I'll know where it came from.
    Necessity is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.

User Info Menu

Bravas is closing their operations here.
    https://www.wane.com/news/local-news...op-food-truck/
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

John's had been on life support for YEARS, with the exodus of the GM plant and businesses around the area. They just didn't have the traffic that they had in their glory days when they had a ton of foot traffic coming in. They needed to move years ago to a better location and a better building.

From what I heard, after the death of the last owner in 2018 it started it's downward spiral. Ultimately fast food restaurants was the demise of this institution But you still have to consider when businesses like Lilly moving it's main campus south 2 miles away when it was a walk across the street and IPL which it was adjacent to it's back yard it lost a ton of lunch and early dinner business that it was never going to get back.

At what point in time are we going to admit that a lot of these restaurants that have closed was due to prior decisions years in advance. What's next? Are we're going to blame Old Country Buffet, Kenny Rodger's Roasters, Chi Chi's and Steak & Ale and many others that closed years ago, because of COVID?
    Don't be that Richard, nobody likes a smart ass Richard, there's way more than we need here.

Trump reaffirms my decision everyday voting for him as President and my
    reason for voting for him again in 2020.

Member#630, geez I've been here a while.

Midnight Rider

User Info Menu

Pacers organization terminates dozens of employees in cost-cutting move

...Pacers Sports & Entertainment on Friday terminated dozens of full-time staff, citing the need to cut costs because of the pandemic.

The entity, which owns and manages the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever, cut about 16% of its workforce, a spokesman told IBJ.

The company declined to specify the exact number of people who were terminated or provide the size of its full-time staff. On its web site, PS&E says it employs about 180 full-time workers, which would mean about 29 people lost their jobs. But the company also lists about 300 full-time employees on its staff list, which would mean about 48 people were terminated...

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBeerman View Post
    John's had been on life support for YEARS, with the exodus of the GM plant and businesses around the area. They just didn't have the traffic that they had in their glory days when they had a ton of foot traffic coming in. They needed to move years ago to a better location and a better building.

From what I heard, after the death of the last owner in 2018 it started it's downward spiral. Ultimately fast food restaurants was the demise of this institution But you still have to consider when businesses like Lilly moving it's main campus south 2 miles away when it was a walk across the street and IPL which it was adjacent to it's back yard it lost a ton of lunch and early dinner business that it was never going to get back.

At what point in time are we going to admit that a lot of these restaurants that have closed was due to prior decisions years in advance. What's next? Are we're going to blame Old Country Buffet, Kenny Rodger's Roasters, Chi Chi's and Steak & Ale and many others that closed years ago, because of COVID?
    We would always eat at johns if we were working in the area.
    Always.

AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldnít

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast