• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've been waiting for a 4 month long backorder to catch up and yesterday I found a demo model so I jumped on it. I don't typically pay for more than USPS Priority shipping but it was going to be really, really nice to have it today so I paid for Fedex Express Priority shipping. From Ft Wayne, IN to Arcadia, IN.

Any crafty members wanna guess where my **** is? The only place I can be certain that it is not, is at my house.

How very shocking coming from Fedex. The odds on every shipment of mine they've jacked up over the years just being a coincidence are astronomical. How in the hell does this company continue to exist?

Amazing

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    FedEx has done me wrong on a number of occasions. Apparently the driver on my route doesn’t pay attention to my actual address number and delivers to the house about a couple of blocks up the street with a similar number.

My address is 2107. The address up the street is 2017.

Never have had that happen with UPS.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sounds like my USPS purchase. Went from middle MO, to KC MO, then headed to Des Moines, IA. Pretty sure thats going the wrong direction.

Its now 2 days late and never checked in at the IA site. Tomorrow I can file for lost package status and get a refund.

And ask Kimball at Bobcat about FEDEX. He got in a handful of brand new fancy blue presses a week or two ago. All of them had been left sitting on end in a puddle apparently. Boxes heavily damaged and not something he feels comfy selling at full price. And to make matters worse, the driver said nothing. Just dropped them off, quickly got a signature, and sped off before he could see the damage.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Hell I ordered a part from Wentzville Mo, just outside of St Louis. Anyways it left Wentzville, went to Kansas City, Indy and it is currently in Columbus Oh. I live in Mooresville.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hell I ordered a part from Wentzville Mo, just outside of St Louis. Anyways it left Wentzville, went to Kansas City, Indy and it is currently in Columbus Oh. I live in Mooresville.

I've had similar things happen with UPS. They definitely take the scenic route sometimes.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've had similar things happen with UPS. They definitely take the scenic route sometimes.

And apparently it gets worse in heavy union areas. I watched a package go through 8 facilities in NJ before it hit the semi to make the trip to downtown Indy. Some of the hops were as short as 2 miles apart.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I had ups drop a neighbor's package, that lives almost a mile away off at my house. No similarity other than street name. I ended up taking it to them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And apparently it gets worse in heavy union areas. I watched a package go through 8 facilities in NJ before it hit the semi to make the trip to downtown Indy. Some of the hops were as short as 2 miles apart.

Occasionally (and I don't know what the criteria is that determines whether it happens or not) I'll have the ability to "watch" the package in real time, after it goes out for delivery. I've seen them get as close as a block away, and then head across town, then go to another side of town, and then eventually make it back to me. I don't know who does their logistics, but they really suck. I'm sure they probably burn about 2-3x the amount of fuel that they need to just by the weird routes they take.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I had ups drop a neighbor's package, that lives almost a mile away off at my house. No similarity other than street name. I ended up taking it to them.

Today I had to take a package to the young couple across the street.
    She said You live at xxxx right?
    Yeah.
    Here.

Apparently the driver swapped hands or something and gave us each the others' package.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I used to have a pretty good opinion of FedEx up until about last Christmas. That was the first time they’d actually porked the pooch as far as I was concerned. Now, I’m relieved when I get a UPS tracking number instead of them...heck, any more, USPS does as well as they do for me.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    The Fedex guy told me he could no longer deliver to my house because they were getting all their trucks re-painted and some limbs on my trees may scratch it...

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    The last fed-ex package I received was literally dripping water from it. The cardboard package was soft and distorted. The driver said “yeah, we have a leal in the warehouse”. I made him wait while I opened the package to check for damage.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    My last UPS delivery was an aluminum rim for my Jeep. I see him pull up. I go outside and watch him drop it in the truck. :n00b:

Top Bottom