• ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Good morning guys and girls.
    I was going through my Android phone the other day and happened to notice that it said my SD card was corrupted. I've read up on it some and decided that I'm to much of a klutz to understand what to do about it. I don't see any problems with the phone, everything seems to work OK I guess but who is there that can repair it without losing any data?
    I just don't trust myself to do it.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Full disclosure, I am not in IT, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but the first thing that I would do is plug your phone into your computer's USB port and copy everything from your phone to
    the pc. Then I would just replace the SD card with new one and copy everything to the phone. If the card is corrupted you might be able to reformat it AFTER you back it up to the pc but,
    why risk it taking a complete dump in the near future when micro SD cards are as cheap as they are? IMHO, you, the collective you, not just you personally, should routinely back up your
    phone anyway.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I used an adapter to plug the SD card directly into my computer and was able to save all my photos, etc when it happened to me.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I used an adapter to plug the SD card directly into my computer and was able to save all my photos, etc when it happened to me.

This is probably the best way to backup the card. You can get an adapter that will allow you to plug the SD card into most tablets. You could also transfer the files to your tablet over your wireless network.

Even though you don't use a full blown computer any more I would suggest getting a drive you can attach directly to your home router and use that to backup the data on all of your devices.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well here's what happened. I bought a new SD card and it came with an adapter. So I copied all my photos from my phones internal storage to the SD card but apparently I forgot to unmount the SD card and when I deleted the pictures from my phones GALLERY it also deleted them from my SD card.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Well here's what happened. I bought a new SD card and it came with an adapter. So I copied all my photos from my phones internal storage to the SD card but apparently I forgot to unmount the SD card and when I deleted the pictures from my phones GALLERY it also deleted them from my SD card.

They're still there, "delete" merely relabels the "index" listing of where they are as "empty" and able to be rewritten. Undelete programs will restore the index listing making them show up again. Take the card out and try a well reviewed app on the internal memory, if that fails you still had the SD card to try on a borrowed PC with "Recuva" a free Windows based bit level file recovery program.

I just did this for my father and got almost all if not all of his pics back.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I tried several photo recovery programs with little success but I did manage to screw up Android, Gallery on my phone, it just has a black screen now. Oh well, I still have the SD card, so the pictures are there.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi Guys, I'm back again. I took the micro SD card out of my phone and put it in the adapter that came with my Samsung, Galaxy Tab A tablet but I have not installed it in the tablet yet.

My concern is that some of the recovery software warns that it may not be optimized for my device and some are labeled for Windows or Mac and none of them mention using a tablet, only a PC or Laptop and I've screwed up bad enough already.

I've looked at a lot of videos but I'm still not very confident. Some say you have to have a second SD card to send them too.
    I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Top Bottom