Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Android SD card repair.

Good morning guys and girls.
    I was going through my Android phone the other day and happened to notice that it said my SD card was corrupted. I've read up on it some and decided that I'm to much of a klutz to understand what to do about it. I don't see any problems with the phone, everything seems to work OK I guess but who is there that can repair it without losing any data?
    I just don't trust myself to do it.
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

User Info Menu

Full disclosure, I am not in IT, nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn last night, but the first thing that I would do is plug your phone into your computer's USB port and copy everything from your phone to
    the pc. Then I would just replace the SD card with new one and copy everything to the phone. If the card is corrupted you might be able to reformat it AFTER you back it up to the pc but,
    why risk it taking a complete dump in the near future when micro SD cards are as cheap as they are? IMHO, you, the collective you, not just you personally, should routinely back up your
    phone anyway.
    The problems in America today are due to the people that work for a living now being outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

User Info Menu

I used an adapter to plug the SD card directly into my computer and was able to save all my photos, etc when it happened to me.
    L'otters are not afraid.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Usually when an SD card starts going bad...you replace it

User Info Menu

Well I would just replace it if I could save what's on it but all of my PC's have been de-commissioned and all I have is a tablet.

User Info Menu

If you have a gmail account I am pretty sure you can back everything up to that from the phone.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

OK, I just went ahead and bought a new SD card and now everything is working fine.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I used an adapter to plug the SD card directly into my computer and was able to save all my photos, etc when it happened to me.
    This is probably the best way to backup the card. You can get an adapter that will allow you to plug the SD card into most tablets. You could also transfer the files to your tablet over your wireless network.

Even though you don't use a full blown computer any more I would suggest getting a drive you can attach directly to your home router and use that to backup the data on all of your devices.
    Quit looking - no quality posts here.

User Info Menu

I'm curious, can deleted photos be recovered from a SD card?

K_W

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
    I'm curious, can deleted photos be recovered from a SD card?
    Yes. What kind of tablet? Is it Micro USB or USB C?

There are USB micro/C to SD readers

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=micro+usb+card+reader

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast