• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    MY Lenovo Chromebook says "Chrome did not shut down properly" evey time I close the cover. I have the power setting set to "do not sleep when cover closed." This is different from the previous operation.
    Is anybody else having a similar problem?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    MY Lenovo Chromebook says "Chrome did not shut down properly" evey time I close the cover. I have the power setting set to "do not sleep when cover closed." This is different from the previous operation.
    Is anybody else having a similar problem?
    Computer is ok, but wife is acting strange. :rockwoot:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, my current version is 81.0.4044.141. The problem started about a month ago. Also, anytime I close the lid, when I open it, it says "Chrome didn't shut down properly" and asks if I want to restore the previous pages. I'm trying to figure out if it's software or hardware.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It seems no one else is having this problem, so I conclude it is a hardware problem. Since I like the size and weight of this machine, I intend to work around it until the thing goes toes up.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I would try a different account and see if it is possibly an extension or app that may be causing the issue. Additional accounts are easy to make and can be deactivated or left to die naturally.

Do a powerwash, then sign in with the new account first. If it works, then the extension hunt is on. It may be hardware, but I think there would bet more people talking about it, unless its a component failure.

Top Bottom