Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Always enjoyed that character.
    What a character that/he was.

I loved the look June Cleaver would give him every time he laid out his line of :poop:

Onpoint2020

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Lots of great lessons to be learnt from the classics! I wish they would bring Leave It to Beaver back. This would be a great time for them to do so for all of the TV binge watching people at home these days. RIP Ken

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    206   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Eddie, the original suck-up. RIP Ken Osmond. I seem to remember he became a policeman in real life and field tested one of the first ballistic vests. Might be the Mandela effect tho.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Wait, I thought you were Larry Mondello?

Now that's funny...

larrymondello.jpg

HGGMB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    NWI
    The disdain he generated in viewers - that really was the key to his character, wasn't it?

Almost everyone knew somebody like Eddie Haskell, but Osmond seemed to portray the worst of his kind.

And I admire his acting skills to be able to convey it.

RIP

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Eddie, the original suck-up. RIP Ken Osmond. I seem to remember he became a policeman in real life and field tested one of the first ballistic vests. Might be the Mandela effect tho.

He was a motors officer. Shot 5 times in the line of duty. 4 hit his vest, the 5th forced retirement.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    From wikipedia:

Another widely reported urban legend of the 1970s was that Osmond had grown up to become adult film star John Holmes.[SUP][21][/SUP][SUP][22][/SUP][SUP][23][/SUP] The story apparently began when fan magazines falsely reported that Osmond had embarked on such a career.[SUP][24][/SUP] The rumor was dispelled when a Los Angeles movie theater lit up its marquee advertising "Eddie Haskell of TV in 'Behind the Green Door' – X-rated", prompting Osmond himself, then an LAPD officer, to go to the theater to request that the manager of the theater pull the plug on the marquee.[SUP][24][/SUP] Osmond testified at his disability hearing in 1986 that in 1971 he was called into LAPD Internal Affairs and asked to disrobe to prove he was not John Holmes.[SUP][19][/SUP]
    [SUP]

Now that's kind of awesome in a strange way... so yeah, regarding indiucky, I'm thinking Larry Mondello and not Eddie Haskell
    [/SUP]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom