• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Congratulations! Is this your first cat? It's cool that it gets along with the dog, and vice versa. I've only recently (well, around 2006) become a cat person, and my cats have always been around the dogs too. I don't know if it's just coincidence or not, but they've always acted more like dogs than cats in some ways! :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Your cat actually looks a little like my cat now. She's a calico/tabby mix.

wOfqoub.jpg

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    FYI You are no longer the master of the house. You are now a lowly servant there to carter to the needs and whims of the most powerful one. On the upside you can now blame most of your typo's on the cat since if yours is like mine his favorite spot is going to be between you and whatever you're doing and that includes typing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good on you, Bacon. You're good people.

This is Sir Grover Dill Pickles. (Pickles for short) He adopted us last year. He was sitting on the front steps when I came home from a business trip. He was VERY friendly and obviously hungry and didnt really want to move on. Mrs Monkey came out and sat down next to him. He immediately climbed in her lap, settled in, and buried his face in the crook of her elbow. He seemed exhausted and lonely. We took him to the vet and he had pretty much every curable parasite he could have. But thank God nothing like FIV, etc.
    Pickles.jpg

He is quite the dapper dude.

Pickleshat.jpg

He and his brother Gizmo didnt really get along at first, but now they play constantly. They are both male and dont snuggle, sleep together, or show affection really, but they do enjoy hanging out together and playing. ESPECIALLY hanging out together out in the back yard. They are indoor cats, but they do like to go out in the back yard and hang. They dont leave the fenced in area.

This is Giz. He is more like a dog than a cat. He is VERY social and loves to hang around people.
    lazyGiz.jpg

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I love cats. Unfortunately I became allergic when I was a kid and can’t be around them or my eyes swell shut, had to get rid of ours when I was a kid over it. It used to be real bad, but I’ve been in a few houses with cats recently and it wasn’t bad so I’m not sure if it still bothers me or not, don’t want to chance it. They’re clean, and low maintenance other than feeding them.

Out of curiosity, does it still have all its claws?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Congrats!

Here are my kitties making themselves comfy on my bed. Torty shell little female kitty Carmel on the pillows and big part Maine Coon monster male kitty Denver on the bed. They don't like each other much, but occasionally hang out in the same location:

Clu0pOzh.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'd really like to have a Maine Coon, but I'm not going to introduce a second kitty into the mix right now. And I think when it is time to get another cat, I'd like to get 2 kittens just to be able to watch them play and grow up together.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'd really like to have a Maine Coon, but I'm not going to introduce a second kitty into the mix right now. And I think when it is time to get another cat, I'd like to get 2 kittens just to be able to watch them play and grow up together.

I love my part Maine Coon. Mean as a snake sometimes, but very cool cat mostly. His tail is HUGE. I was fortunate enough to raise two cats from kittens when I lived in Minnesota. They were brothers from the same litter and used to curl up to sleep together, played together and were pretty much always together. One of them lived 12 years and the other 17. They were awesome cats. I'll have to get on my other computer and look up a pic to share sometime.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I love my part Maine Coon. Mean as a snake sometimes, but very cool cat mostly. His tail is HUGE. I was fortunate enough to raise two cats from kittens when I lived in Minnesota. They were brothers from the same litter and used to curl up to sleep together, played together and were pretty much always together. One of them lived 12 years and the other 17. They were awesome cats. I'll have to get on my other computer and look up a pic to share sometime.

A buddy of mine has a Maine Coon (may be a mix as well). Big ol' gray boy. He seems really mellow, at least when I've been around him.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Like all cats they can have different personalities. I believe most are very lovable, but some are mean like my cat can be.

That's true. I miss watching "My Cat From Hell" on Animal Planet and seeing how to deal with "difficult" cats. Now they've replaced it with "Dogs 101". May just be between seasons (I hope).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom