Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    And if the carrier tipped you off to *73, I suspect they know what the real fix is. Or, have had enough people with the problem to know the workaround, and there isn't a real fix.
    This is the truth.

Those aren't just numbers on the phone, as I'm sure you have to press send/call to make that occur. So the odds of this being a setting/software on the phone are low.
    Because you "dial" this number, the change happens on the carrier side to allow the calls through.

Question: Is this a pre-paid/pay-as-you-go thing? The carrier could require you to "register" your phone on a network to "activate" that day's service or "sign-in" to a OTA network they don't normally do business with.

Long, long ago in the days of wireless briefcase phones where all the networks were isolated, you would have to make any call out, before you could then "be found" on a network and receive incoming calls.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Hmm... interesting.

Heya flightsimmer - do you guys turn the phone off at night, then turn it back on and need to *73?

This was for T-Mobile S6, but I would think it would be similar:

I think the "More Icon" is the 3-dot thing.

This may sound like a strange question, too, but what dialer are you using? It might be worth skimming through the apps on the phone to see if there's a "Dialer" or "Phone" app different from what you're using and see if the settings are available through that.

And if the carrier tipped you off to *73, I suspect they know what the real fix is. Or, have had enough people with the problem to know the workaround, and there isn't a real fix.
    We'll my wife often runs it dead and then plugs it in without turning it back on.
    Frankly she should never be allowed anywhere around electronics. But in all honesty she's had trouble with it probably from day one. I just don't remember all the details.
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

User Info Menu

We don't have options #2 and #6.

User Info Menu

Is there an icon or something that tells you when to hit *73? Like a phone and an arrow?

Or is it something you have to do to make/receive calls?

If your phone dialer looks like this, then can you do the checklist #3 if you hit the button with the 3 dots in the top right?

Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

When I hit the 3 dots, then Settings, then #4, numbers 5, 6 and 7 aren't there. I think it's the same for flightsimmer. Doing #4 gives me TTY and Hearing Aid and that's it.

Cancel call forwarding

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

1. From any Home screen, tap Phone.
    2. Tap the MORE icon.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap More settings.
    5. Tap Call forwarding.
    6. Tap Always forward.
    7. Tap Turn off.

User Info Menu

Did you try uncoiled rice?
    Someone had to do it, might as well be me
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne
    INGO# 3207

User Info Menu

More troubleshooting:
    let it die tonight. put it on the charger and turn it on in 15 minutes. if it forwards unforward and let it die again. Barely charge it, let it die again sometime during the day tomorrow. Does it forward if it dies, say, at 11am and then power it back up after charging at 12?
    What happens if you turn it off and back on again before overnight? Does it do go into forwarding mode just by powering it off?
    What happens if you leave it powered up on the charger overnight? does it forward overnight anyway without going dead?

If all else fails I have a spare iphone or android galaxy S5 you can borrow to test against your sim. Move the sim to the test phone and see if the behavior repeats on a different handset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    More troubleshooting:
    let it die tonight. put it on the charger and turn it on in 15 minutes. if it forwards unforward and let it die again. Barely charge it, let it die again sometime during the day tomorrow. Does it forward if it dies, say, at 11am and then power it back up after charging at 12?
    What happens if you turn it off and back on again before overnight? Does it do go into forwarding mode just by powering it off?
    What happens if you leave it powered up on the charger overnight? does it forward overnight anyway without going dead?

If all else fails I have a spare iphone or android galaxy S5 you can borrow to test against your sim. Move the sim to the test phone and see if the behavior repeats on a different handset.
    My phone is a s5 and hers is a s6, can I swap the sim cards?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
    My phone is a s5 and hers is a s6, can I swap the sim cards?

As long as they are the same size and both Straight Talk, I dont see why not. I just upgraded my wife's phone and all I had to do was insert her sim in her new phone. (and add the ST services APN config) They both used the same size so it was a simple swap. the card is what actually ties the handheld to the phone number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

OK, I took control of her phone last night, I didn't let it run down or shut off and this morning it was working just fine.
    So there you go.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast