• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Maybe it's just me but whenever I see the money someone has spent on their firearm for sale in classifieds (seems like it's usually an AR) I'm automatically thinking "That's overpriced."
    Selling in AR is like selling a used car. You will never get out what you put in. It depreciates in value the moment you finish tightening the screws.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    ‘Seemed like a good idea at the time’...

said anyone that ever upgraded an AR and tried to get their money back on it afterward.

i think the issue is that they’re so personalized. Unless you find someone with literally the exact same taste/style as you, you’re SOL on your accessories.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ‘Seemed like a good idea at the time’...

said anyone that ever upgraded an AR and tried to get their money back on it afterward.

i think the issue is that they’re so personalized. Unless you find someone with literally the exact same taste/style as you, you’re SOL on your accessories.

Exactly. Same thing with custom cars, custom bikes, custom anything really.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I knew a fellow that built houses on speculation. While he was waiting to sell them he would do upgrades to make them look like custom homes. The problem is that people that want to spend the extra money want to design and customize them the way they want them.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Funny to see this thread not long after lamenting the fact that there are several rifles I am interested in on our for sale site as well as others, but not with zillion dollar triggers, new handguards, new and improved this that and the other thing which raise the price well beyond what I am willing to pay. While some upgrades are upgrades to some, they are just price risers to people like me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK this hits squarely in my wheelhouse. I can not leave anything alone. Cars bikes boats guns houses you name it.
    Never could modify a woman but that's for another thread. Second thought forget that please.

Fellas....if you are not willing to step up to the table then find another restaurant. No knock but seriously, I get it but again, if you build one up then yes you will take a BATH WHEN YOU TRY AND SELL IT ESPECIALLY HERE.

That's just a truth we all deal with. I am upside down in every gun I have in the safe thanks to my passion to modify stuff. That is my sickness. But when I post one up and some jackwagon says "Well really, it's just a 1911 or just another AR so it is only worth XXX that sets my hair on fire. Knowing it is modified and out of your budget like the OP stated.….just move to the next one or buy a RIA. I hear some of the farm stores are selling some really nice AR's and Tisa's.

OK that's my rant for the day.

Huh. I thought I would feel better.....:):

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I look at the classiest occasionally, when there no new posts in my CP, I go to unread posts and check the ones that are at the top. I don't think I have ever PMed anyone because I am poor and they want a lot. But it is fun to see what you guys have built.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Let us not forget the "LTCH"

I will let the ltch slide, as I'm not known personally by many. I won't knock anyone for their conditions of sale, price or what have you. I will just carry on after a chuckle of annoyance. To each their own, but I won't partake.

Also, an after thought on the "custom" (or refurbished) comment. There are some who's work i would love to have. None of them are ars.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The "rare" thing gets me. Just because it is rare does not make it worth tons of money. Sometimes they are rare because no one wanted them so they weren't around long.

this one. I inherited a bunch of old guns (50s-60s) from a great aunt. All of them were super rare. None of them were worth much.

I messed around building a 10/22 with folding paratrooper like stock. Had prob $300 in it. Got like $100 for it. "Super Rare-worth less than a factory"

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This is why I rarely sell anything. I'm the type that I'd rather it sit and collect dust, or throw it away, than to give it away. For example, I have a digital night vision scope that I paid $1,300 for about four years ago. I'm betting it has less than four hours use, but, due to technology, I know it's not worth half that, so it sits on a shelf in my closet.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    OK this hits squarely in my wheelhouse. I can not leave anything alone. Cars bikes boats guns houses you name it.
    Never could modify a woman but that's for another thread. Second thought forget that please.

Fellas....if you are not willing to step up to the table then find another restaurant. No knock but seriously, I get it but again, if you build one up then yes you will take a BATH WHEN YOU TRY AND SELL IT ESPECIALLY HERE.

That's just a truth we all deal with. I am upside down in every gun I have in the safe thanks to my passion to modify stuff. That is my sickness. But when I post one up and some jackwagon says "Well really, it's just a 1911 or just another AR so it is only worth XXX that sets my hair on fire. Knowing it is modified and out of your budget like the OP stated.….just move to the next one or buy a RIA. I hear some of the farm stores are selling some really nice AR's and Tisa's.

OK that's my rant for the day.

Huh. I thought I would feel better.....:):

Words from members responding to my classified ads that want to make me ring someone's neck ....
    Oh wrong thread sorry ;)

I agree CM we have a taste for quality and most people looking to buy are looking to be cheap and have a taste for cheap crap.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Words from members responding to my classified ads that want to make me ring someone's neck ....
    Oh wrong thread sorry ;)

I agree CM we have a taste for quality and most people looking to buy are looking to be cheap and have a taste for cheap crap.

No knock on the budget minded and the budget strapped. We are all in this together but if you cant afford it don't PM knocking the item to get the price down.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Oh wrong thread sorry ;)

If its super rare you'd be on it like a fat kid on cake.

Top Bottom