Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Words that make me want to skip a classified ad

Maybe it's just me but whenever I see the money someone has spent on their firearm for sale in classifieds (seems like it's usually an AR) I'm automatically thinking "That's overpriced."
    Selling in AR is like selling a used car. You will never get out what you put in. It depreciates in value the moment you finish tightening the screws.

Foreigner in a Foreign Land 76Too's Avatar

User Info Menu

‘Seemed like a good idea at the time’...

said anyone that ever upgraded an AR and tried to get their money back on it afterward.

i think the issue is that they’re so personalized. Unless you find someone with literally the exact same taste/style as you, you’re SOL on your accessories.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 76Too View Post
    ‘Seemed like a good idea at the time’...

said anyone that ever upgraded an AR and tried to get their money back on it afterward.

i think the issue is that they’re so personalized. Unless you find someone with literally the exact same taste/style as you, you’re SOL on your accessories.
    Exactly. Same thing with custom cars, custom bikes, custom anything really.

User Info Menu

I knew a fellow that built houses on speculation. While he was waiting to sell them he would do upgrades to make them look like custom homes. The problem is that people that want to spend the extra money want to design and customize them the way they want them.

User Info Menu

Funny to see this thread not long after lamenting the fact that there are several rifles I am interested in on our for sale site as well as others, but not with zillion dollar triggers, new handguards, new and improved this that and the other thing which raise the price well beyond what I am willing to pay. While some upgrades are upgrades to some, they are just price risers to people like me.

Expert

User Info Menu

I know what I got...

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

OK this hits squarely in my wheelhouse. I can not leave anything alone. Cars bikes boats guns houses you name it.
    Never could modify a woman but that's for another thread. Second thought forget that please.

Fellas....if you are not willing to step up to the table then find another restaurant. No knock but seriously, I get it but again, if you build one up then yes you will take a BATH WHEN YOU TRY AND SELL IT ESPECIALLY HERE.

That's just a truth we all deal with. I am upside down in every gun I have in the safe thanks to my passion to modify stuff. That is my sickness. But when I post one up and some jackwagon says "Well really, it's just a 1911 or just another AR so it is only worth XXX that sets my hair on fire. Knowing it is modified and out of your budget like the OP stated.….just move to the next one or buy a RIA. I hear some of the farm stores are selling some really nice AR's and Tisa's.

OK that's my rant for the day.

Huh. I thought I would feel better.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

"Custom" "build" "rare" "$xxx list" "high end" "sign bill of sale"

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Usmccookie View Post
    "Custom" "build" "rare" "$xxx list" "high end" "sign bill of sale"
    Let us not forget the "LTCH"
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I look at the classiest occasionally, when there no new posts in my CP, I go to unread posts and check the ones that are at the top. I don't think I have ever PMed anyone because I am poor and they want a lot. But it is fun to see what you guys have built.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast