• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Earlier today Sheryl (who won't join INGO using the screen name SherylinAvon) and I went downtown to pick up some to-go chow from PF Changs since we hadn't had that in quite a while. It's about a 34 mile round trip from the friendly confines of Avon to that downtown and back.

First thing we noticed we were barely across Raceway Road. Red light, car from a dead stop runs the red light. No kidding, stopped, then ran it.

Two U-turns (I don't mean at an intersection), one on Washington Street going, the other was in Avon on the way back.

Twice vehicles crossed over the line and nearly hit us.

Saw two left turns from the far right lane.

35 in the fast lane of a 45 mph road (I was really hungry and smelling the food at this point.)

Finally nearly in sight of the house, had to wait for someone to do a 12-point turn-around.

Is it just us, or have people forgotten how to drive?

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Last week someone decided they didn't want to exit onto 31 and pulled back onto 465 doing about 20mph, I'm doing 55mph pulling my trailer. Hard on the brakes and horn, couldn't change lanes, I don't know how I didn't move the trunk into the rear seat.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not sure they ever knew how to drive in the first place.

I was just going to post, they never new in the first place. Today the driver training is a joke. Probably 20% are from a country where few ever drive and English is a second language.

Back in the day kids grew up watching dad drive. Those dads drove old school vehicles that had to have a driver, you couldn't drive and text with them easily. Now even many truck drivers have no clue as to common sense driving as they just got out of driving school...

It is a weird time in our world...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Earlier today Sheryl (who won't join INGO using the screen name SherylinAvon) and I went downtown to pick up some to-go chow from PF Changs since we hadn't had that in quite a while. It's about a 34 mile round trip from the friendly confines of Avon to that downtown and back.

First thing we noticed we were barely across Raceway Road. Red light, car from a dead stop runs the red light. No kidding, stopped, then ran it.

Two U-turns (I don't mean at an intersection), one on Washington Street going, the other was in Avon on the way back.

Twice vehicles crossed over the line and nearly hit us.

Saw two left turns from the far right lane.

35 in the fast lane of a 45 mph road (I was really hungry and smelling the food at this point.)

Finally nearly in sight of the house, had to wait for someone to do a 12-point turn-around.

Is it just us, or have people forgotten how to drive?

No it is the stupid. When Mayor stinky shoes goes full public and full stupid (as is his general nature) and tells the masses that LEO will not be acting as LEO during the stupid lock down then the idiots lost their ****ing minds.

I am out every day and no, it is not just you.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's not just you. I've been lucky enough to work through the batflu shutdown. But since things have started opening back up the stupidity level of many drivers is off the charts. In all fairness many couldn't drive worth a hoot to begin with

BoltThrower

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Warsaw
    It really seems like it's gotten worse since the Corona Virus stuff started. I assume that's because there's been less people driving so everyone's out of practice? The general decline since the advent of cellphones is also a factor. I heard Indiana is going to start fining people for having their phones out.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    No it is the stupid. When Mayor stinky shoes goes full public and full stupid (as is his general nature) and tells the masses that LEO will not be acting as LEO during the stupid lock down then the idiots lost their ****ing minds.

I am out every day and no, it is not just you.

Bingo. I've noticed a definite uptick in speed on my street since this **** started. I would venture average speed on my street is 43-46 mph, since that announcement average speed are 50+ and there have been more than a few at 65+. Had one last night, possibly a cop, at 80+. ****ing ridiculous.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Thought I was in an episode of Live PD a couple weeks ago. Guy passed me on the left in the dirt running at least 80 on I65 and I nearly lost it getting out of his way. Two troopers in hot pursuit so I was certain I would see his sorry butt up the road in handcuffs. Not the case, about 10 miles up the road the troopers were both in the turnaround talking. Called off no doubt because of the high speed but he had already damn near killed me and letting him slide will encourage the same bad behavior the next time. It's a crazy world out there so watching your six is imperative.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    465 was pretty sweet driving till the non essentials went back to work. I enjoyed being able to do 90 in the center lane.

Top Bottom