Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

Has Everyone Forgotten How to Drive?

Earlier today Sheryl (who won't join INGO using the screen name SherylinAvon) and I went downtown to pick up some to-go chow from PF Changs since we hadn't had that in quite a while. It's about a 34 mile round trip from the friendly confines of Avon to that downtown and back.

First thing we noticed we were barely across Raceway Road. Red light, car from a dead stop runs the red light. No kidding, stopped, then ran it.

Two U-turns (I don't mean at an intersection), one on Washington Street going, the other was in Avon on the way back.

Twice vehicles crossed over the line and nearly hit us.

Saw two left turns from the far right lane.

35 in the fast lane of a 45 mph road (I was really hungry and smelling the food at this point.)

Finally nearly in sight of the house, had to wait for someone to do a 12-point turn-around.

Is it just us, or have people forgotten how to drive?
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

It's not you. I had somebody today come to a complete stop in front of me in the left lane to make a right turn into a parking lot.
    The problems in America today are due to the people that work for a living now being outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

User Info Menu

Yes. Except the drunk ones, they still drive the same way they always have.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

User Info Menu

Last week someone decided they didn't want to exit onto 31 and pulled back onto 465 doing about 20mph, I'm doing 55mph pulling my trailer. Hard on the brakes and horn, couldn't change lanes, I don't know how I didn't move the trunk into the rear seat.

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've noticed quite a bit more traffic out here in stickville. I guess the holiday is over.
    Beto is one of "Those" people that you hope to one day be able to throat punch.

User Info Menu

I'm not sure they ever knew how to drive in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilboog82 View Post
    I was intentionally glossing over Dick’s bags

User Info Menu

Traffic was nice during the shutdown, hardly a car on the road
    "Courage is Being Scared to Death, but Saddling up Anyway" - John Wayne
    INGO# 3207

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierdood View Post
    I'm not sure they ever knew how to drive in the first place.
    I was just going to post, they never new in the first place. Today the driver training is a joke. Probably 20% are from a country where few ever drive and English is a second language.

Back in the day kids grew up watching dad drive. Those dads drove old school vehicles that had to have a driver, you couldn't drive and text with them easily. Now even many truck drivers have no clue as to common sense driving as they just got out of driving school...

It is a weird time in our world...

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    Earlier today Sheryl (who won't join INGO using the screen name SherylinAvon) and I went downtown to pick up some to-go chow from PF Changs since we hadn't had that in quite a while. It's about a 34 mile round trip from the friendly confines of Avon to that downtown and back.

First thing we noticed we were barely across Raceway Road. Red light, car from a dead stop runs the red light. No kidding, stopped, then ran it.

Two U-turns (I don't mean at an intersection), one on Washington Street going, the other was in Avon on the way back.

Twice vehicles crossed over the line and nearly hit us.

Saw two left turns from the far right lane.

35 in the fast lane of a 45 mph road (I was really hungry and smelling the food at this point.)

Finally nearly in sight of the house, had to wait for someone to do a 12-point turn-around.

Is it just us, or have people forgotten how to drive?
    No it is the stupid. When Mayor stinky shoes goes full public and full stupid (as is his general nature) and tells the masses that LEO will not be acting as LEO during the stupid lock down then the idiots lost their ****ing minds.

I am out every day and no, it is not just you.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Master

User Info Menu

It's not just you. I've been lucky enough to work through the batflu shutdown. But since things have started opening back up the stupidity level of many drivers is off the charts. In all fairness many couldn't drive worth a hoot to begin with

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast