• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Is anyone else going a bit overboard on their food plots this year? We planted an extra acre this year. So far Beans, Peppers, corn, potatoes, various herbs , over 300 tomato plants of different varieties, are all up. My wife cans so I figure why not, we eat a lot of tomato based foods.

I almost feel like we are over doing it but rather have a full pantry versus the unknown.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I always seem to over plant as it's just 3 of us. I have always enjoyed giving the extras of our bounties to our neighbors and friends. This year we will definitely jar quite a bit more than usual of the excess, but still plan on giving away some as well. Just won't be as much as usual

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I always seem to over plant as it's just 3 of us. I have always enjoyed giving the extras of our bounties to our neighbors and friends. This year we will definitely jar quite a bit more than usual of the excess, but still plan on giving away some as well. Just won't be as much as usual

Oddly enough we tried to give some last year to a food bank, and they would not accept it. Oddly enough the elderly couple down the road were very great full for the fresh produce. This year my wife’s friends who recently moved to the area are going to work a small plot. Kind of hard to grow much in an apartment.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I am trying. But my local Lowes manager is an absolute MORON.

Apparently the seed packet displays were taking up too much room in the store.

So this brain surgeon decided the area right at the edge of the overhang just beyond the outdoor registers is always empty. Why not move that big cardboard display full of paper envelopes out there? Whats the worst that could happen?

Yep. you guessed it. Rain. One good rainstorm and the entire display was toast. the entire thing ruined, and all seed packets tossed in the dumpster.

I learned about it yesterday when I went to get the stuff to plant tomorrow. What a flipping moron.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I am trying. But my local Lowes manager is an absolute MORON.

Apparently the seed packet displays were taking up too much room in the store.

So this brain surgeon decided the area right at the edge of the overhang just beyond the outdoor registers is always empty. Why not move that big cardboard display full of paper envelopes out there? Whats the worst that could happen?

Yep. you guessed it. Rain. One good rainstorm and the entire display was toast. the entire thing ruined, and all seed packets tossed in the dumpster.

I learned about it yesterday when I went to get the stuff to plant tomorrow. What a flipping moron.

If you are near a Rural King we have had exceptional results their heirloom seeds.

Top Bottom