• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/202...email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ila_alert

:faint:
    Wow!!! Just wow!!!
    That "karen" is a K A R E N alright.

Short summary
    Kid has a toy gun.
    Kid gets onto a zoom school meeting and the toy gun is on the table near him. Kid never touches it or even acknowledged it.

Meeting ends and a while later police show up about kid with gun. Parents explain it is a toy gun. Police still lecture parents about guns.

A "karen" felt uncomfortable about seeing the gun via the zoom meeting. That her child saw that evil object.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Seemed to be an over reaction by almost all involved. Busy body tattle tale fraidy cat parent who just wanted to SWAT somebody over a toy gun, officer taking a toy gun so seriously that she felt the need to lecture them over it...and fail on the parents part for not actually owning a gun; so, no doubt not teaching their kid the rules of safety.

Imagine if they had seen a pop-tart. SMH

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have the utmost respect for LEO but those guys would not have enjoyed dealing with me. And then the silly ***** that sent them. That **** is just over the top.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Parents shouldn't have opened the door...

This.

If I had been the parent, I would NOT have laid down and taken any lectures.

And I may or may not have accidentally had an AR pistol partially visible behind me during a zoom meeting for work. Oops.

One of the guys in the meeting is also a gun guy and he didnt notice, so I dont think anyone put 2 and 2 together.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Parents shouldn't have opened the door...

What happens in that case?
    Police is knocking on the door due to complaint called of child with gun. I know that police officer has to knock on the door and try and investigate. But if you dont open the door, remain quiet what does police do? Leave?? Report uncomplete??

What if you tell thru door. Who is it. He has police. You tell what u want. Police says we got a blah blah...
    You tell we are fine go away.

Now what?

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I guess my question is what did the toy gun look like? I'm just curious if it was a whimsical as the one shown in the article or an airsoft that looked pretty real. Either way it doesn't change the ridiculousness of the incident, but it does tell me how much of a twit the complainant was.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    What happens in that case?
    Police is knocking on the door due to complaint called of child with gun. I know that police officer has to knock on the door and try and investigate. But if you dont open the door, remain quiet what does police do? Leave?? Report uncomplete??

What if you tell thru door. Who is it. He has police. You tell what u want. Police says we got a blah blah...
    You tell we are fine go away.

Now what?

Time for a new doormat I guess. :):

il_1140xN.1661763103_bzcf.jpg

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Time for a new doormat I guess. :):

il_1140xN.1661763103_bzcf.jpg

While I don't normally recommend people talk to the police, sometimes it is just easier to let them know what's going on. Now, there's s difference between answering the door and letting the police inside. If the police were at my door for something similar, I may opt to step outside and lock the door behind me. Not doing so may turn a five minute inconvenience into bigger issue that isn't necessary (not that any of that was necessary).

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While I don't normally recommend people talk to the police, sometimes it is just easier to let them know what's going on. Now, there's s difference between answering the door and letting the police inside. If the police were at my door for something similar, I may opt to step outside and lock the door behind me. Not doing so may turn a five minute inconvenience into bigger issue that isn't necessary (not that any of that was necessary).

Yep. "its his toy gun. Its not real."
    "No, you may not go in and look. I'll happily bring it out to you." (in a walmart bag or other container. No way in hell I'm suddenly appearing in my doorway with anything that looks like a gun in my hand. I have enough holes in my body)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Yep. "its his toy gun. Its not real."
    "No, you may not go in and look. I'll happily bring it out to you." (in a walmart bag or other container. No way in hell I'm suddenly appearing in my doorway with anything that looks like a gun in my hand. I have enough holes in my body)

In this case the police did NOT go into the home.
    The police asked the parents to step outside of their home.
    They did, explained the situation and then got a lecture from the police about it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    In this case the police did NOT go into the home.
    The police asked the parents to step outside of their home.
    They did, explained the situation and then got a lecture from the police about it.

Too bad mom and dad didnt understand this overreach and stand up. I wouldnt let the cop lecture me. " Hold up... He did nothing wrong, and you're wasting our time. Go **** up a rope. Am I being detained? No? Have a good day." *walks inside*

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife has to do Zoom meetings for work a lot now that she’s working from home. She always disables the video...might be a wise idea after all.

Top Bottom