Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 53 of 392 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    My wife delivered a PUDC to our backdoor neighbor a few minutes ago. He's a minister.

His wife was outside. Said she'd been outside all day because the minister was so angry about Floyd's death.

So, I figure when a republican Protestant minister and an agnostic democrat agree and get angry over the same death it's takes us out of "keyboard warrior" status.
    Maybe he’s also a keyboard warrior?
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    No. Not really. Seeing what happened on that video sure does stir some emotions. What those officers did was wrong. And, Idunno. I've never heard of 4 cops handling a non-combative white guy suspected of passing a bad $20 like that. So I suspect they had some preconceived notions about him that were at least a little racist. That doesn't make the whole system corrupt. I have seen many, many police officers speak out about this and not one has tried to justify this or make any excuses. They're all saying this was wrong. THAT'S NOT INSTITUTIONAL RACISM!

It's not a systemic problem. It's an individual problem in an occupation that has 800000 sworn full time police officers and every day most of them do it right. Every now and again some of the real ****heads wearing badges that they shouldn't have, that do it wrong, it goes viral, and then people have these knee jerk reactions where they're ready to condemn all of the other 800K. No. Kaepernick is as full of **** as a ***** struck privileged ass football player could possibly be.
    I'm not gonna deal with that today. The systemic problem is the appropriate conduct of anyone in power over those in their direct control and, more broadly, those who have less power. It isn't a matter of color. It's the way in which power is used and abused.

But, I'm not going any farther on this. I'm gonna go watch tv.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Yeah....I dunno. I'm too upset right now to make a rational statement about this.

The picture that keeps coming to me is a dog-catcher doing the same thing to a large dog with a muzzle on. Unfortunately, I think a lot more people would be furious if it was a Golden Retriever.

So....I'm just going to cool my jets for awhile on this. I can't say what I mean without getting angry.

Your post is a good one, however.
    I get it. I'm pissed too. This kind of thing shouldn't happen. But let's keep the blame where it belongs. It doesn't belong on cops. It belongs on the 4 officers who were involved, but mostly on the officer who held the guy down by a knee.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    Maybe he’s also a keyboard warrior?
    I'll let him know. He's an old guy like me, but I think his nose has been broken a few times.....walking into doors?
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    I get it. I'm pissed too. This kind of thing shouldn't happen. But let's keep the blame where it belongs. It doesn't belong on cops. It belongs on the 4 officers who were involved, but mostly on the officer who held the guy down by a knee.
    Oh. My blame is direct. It has nothing to do with anyone other than the guys who killed this man.

User Info Menu

I'll let him know. He's an old guy like me, but I think his nose has been broken a few times.....walking into doors?
    Lol. He’s a minister, maybe he’s heard some confessions he couldn’t run from quick enough to bother opening doors.
    I find you offensive for finding me offensive.

Often imitated, Never duplicated.

User Info Menu

I'm not gonna deal with that today. The systemic problem is the appropriate conduct of anyone in power over those in their direct control and, more broadly, those who have less power. It isn't a matter of color. It's the way in which power is used and abused.

But, I'm not going any farther on this. I'm gonna go watch tv.
    Fair enough. But it's not a systemic problem unless you're calling human behavior traits systemic. And arguably I suppose we could do that. Some people aren't suited well to having authority. Maybe departments could figure out ways to weed those people out in academy programs. I don't know.
    I have spoken.

User Info Menu

My wife delivered a PUDC to our backdoor neighbor a few minutes ago. He's a minister.

His wife was outside. Said she'd been outside all day because the minister was so angry about Floyd's death.

So, I figure when a republican Protestant minister and an agnostic democrat agree and get angry over the same death it's takes us out of "keyboard warrior" status.
    We should all be angry. It's the way in which we react to it that makes the difference. Riot and burn things down - you're doing it wrong. You've effectively shut down any means of communication. Take a knee? Cool, its nonviolent, but it's also shutting down the conversation.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hatin Since 87 View Post
    Lol. He’s a minister, maybe he’s heard some confessions he couldn’t run from quick enough to bother opening doors.
    I'm still laughing about a "back door" neighbor who is also a minister.

Okay. Fine. I'm immature. Sue me.
    I have spoken.

User Info Menu

A protest at the Allen Co. courthouse has forced street closures in Fort Wayne.

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news...tests-in-city/

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?

Page 53 of 392 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 63 103 153 ... LastLast