• Status
    Not open for further replies.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Is this the same department that was responsible for Justine Damond's death? If so, it looks like there might be some issues with use of force training.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Unfortunately incidents like this are to the police community as incidents where some dumbass has left their gun on the table within reach of their kid (that hasn't been taught about guns and safety), who then kills him/her self or a sibling, is to the gun community.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Watching some FB live feeds , there are a lot of people out protesting right now in Minneapolis. This does not look good for the officers involved.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I don't know how many times though I have seen on Live PD or some other similar show where they have some guy on the ground and the biggest, fattest guy in the group, will rest his knee on the side of the perps head.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know how many times though I have seen on Live PD or some other similar show where they have some guy on the ground and the biggest, fattest guy in the group, will rest his knee on the side of the perps head.
    The side of the head isn't going to restrict airflow though.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    I'm really sorry that this guy died but we don't know the full story and I always thought that if you could tell me you can't breath then how are you talking to me.

One can easily get enough air to force out words but not enough to remain healthy. That's why it's called gasping.

trimman83

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Warren Park
    Lets not jump to conclusions. There's a good chance the Coroner will find that he died of the Rona, complicated by un-naturally restricted air and blood flow. Still not good practice to kneel on a guys neck while asking him to get in the car. Doesn't look very good for the ol boys standing around watching either.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'll say what I said on another forum. That's going to end up as a case study on what not to do.

Is it accurate that some dept's once used the knee on the back of the neck as a tactic to restrain a person in an effort to put cuffs on?
    Also amI correct that being cuffed with hands behind the back and being left on the stomach for too long can lead to asphyxiation?

I seem to recall some conversation on this almost 20 years ago but the details are fuzzy

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    From the video my son sent me today, I’d vote guilty on a murder charge for the douchbag with the knee.
    I’m all for beating the **** out of resisters, but this was rediculous. The medics came and tried to get a pulse, and he still wouldn’t get off of him. I want to hear his bull**** excuse.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis

I've seen them sneak in a slam to the pavement also because, you know, feelings. Some people can't rein it in.

And what these officers did. Yes we have strong feelings about it. But we're not them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom