• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I think I've finally come to the conclusion that the $5.00 cheap blades are the best value. I used to spend pretty good money on premium blades thinking they'd do a good job for a longer period of time. Seemed they'd last about a year. So $40-$45 a year on blades.

Then when I went to buy some in the spring time I really didn't want to pay that much again. So I just bought the cheapest value brand I could get. $4.79 each. Figured I'd see how bad they really were. They worked for about 6 months, about the time it got cold again. Threw on another set of the same ones and they made it untill this week. So now I'm at $20 a year and I'm not trying to make the $20 per blade last longer because I think they should.

Now I don't do much highway driving in my pickup. So high speed usage may be a factor with the new areodynamic designs.

So what's your wiper blade plan?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I purchased my current vehicle in July (I think) of '18. It was a less than 1 year old GMC, part of their Certified Pre Owned BS is replacing the wiper blades on it. I don't know where they get their wiper blades from but here I am just under 2 years later and still on the same set of blades with no streaks, chatters, or any of the other crap that causes one to change their blades. YMMV

Nathanaf8388

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Montezuma
    I think I've finally come to the conclusion that the $5.00 cheap blades are the best value. I used to spend pretty good money on premium blades thinking they'd do a good job for a longer period of time. Seemed they'd last about a year. So $40-$45 a year on blades.

Then when I went to buy some in the spring time I really didn't want to pay that much again. So I just bought the cheapest value brand I could get. $4.79 each. Figured I'd see how bad they really were. They worked for about 6 months, about the time it got cold again. Threw on another set of the same ones and they made it untill this week. So now I'm at $20 a year and I'm not trying to make the $20 per blade last longer because I think they should.

Now I don't do much highway driving in my pickup. So high speed usage may be a factor with the new areodynamic designs.

So what's your wiper blade plan?

I buy them in sets off eBay for like 7-10$ a set beam style and they last me for a long time I used to buy premium until I found the beam style on eBay and have never looked back I always just make sure and find a US based seller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I run the bosch evolution or equivalent. I only use bosch blades now. I've used anco, trico, and no names. Like you, for the price cheap blades are OK. I do a bunch of highway so I opt for the beam type bosch blades. ~$15 each

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I run the bosch evolution or equivalent. I only use bosch blades now. I've used anco, trico, and no names. Like you, for the price cheap blades are OK. I do a bunch of highway so I opt for the beam type bosch blades. ~$15 each
    I also use the Bosch blades. They have served me well.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I buy them in sets off eBay for like 7-10$ a set beam style and they last me for a long time I used to buy premium until I found the beam style on eBay and have never looked back I always just make sure and find a US based seller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a link?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I put a set of Bosch on the caddy. 1st time using them as I to am over spending insane money to get 10 months out of a set and pushing them 2 more just to get my dimes worth out of them.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I put a set of Bosch on the caddy. 1st time using them as I to am over spending insane money to get 10 months out of a set and pushing them 2 more just to get my dimes worth out of them.

I think you'll like them. I first started using the icon by bosch but at $30ea, they were too spendy as the trees over my driveway just makes junk out of them.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I read the op and thought, well I tried Bosch and they streaked. I had good luck with the cheap ones.

Then all the other posts said Bosch. But, they streaked. :flasher:

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I read the op and thought, well I tried Bosch and they streaked. I had good luck with the cheap ones.

Then all the other posts said Bosch. But, they streaked. :flasher:

My oil change guys said you might need new blades. I wiped them down and they were great for another 6 months.

rkwhyte2

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    The front wipers pick up up oil and crud from the road. This causes the streaks. Quick wipe and darned near good as new.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What about silicone blades? Is that just snake oil? :dunno:

[video=youtube;-jQs3OI6Gvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jQs3OI6Gvo[/video]

wingrider1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    I have sold many different brands over the years and I'm with Tanker, no need to pay a premium when I haven't had any more complaints out of the cheap ones. I think it's the luck of the draw more than the price. However, the beam blades are a definite improvement but I think the cheap ones they sell at Advance do as well as any. The main thing is figuring out how to get the tricky little bastards on when your replacing the other style.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

Don't use them to scrape the ice off your windshield in the winter. Protect them, And you'll love the Bosch.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    An we can't have this conversation without this classic...

[video=youtube_share;3mZb3OxStaU]http://youtu.be/3mZb3OxStaU[/video]

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I run the Bosch Icons on my truck. I put them on when I bought it in February 2016 and I still am on that pair. Just under 90k miles. When they start streaking, I give them a quick wipe down with alcohol. Looks like they are about $20 on amazon.

Top Bottom