NASA and SpaceX Launch Astronauts to Space! Live Stream...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It's been on my calendar for weeks! First manned launch from America since the end of the Space Shuttle. :patriot:

We can all thank Obummer for the cancellation of our manned space flight program; mothballed the shuttles (QUICK! put them in museums so they won't be used again and cancelled the Constellation Program)...as forward leaning on the future of the nation as Jimmmuh Cahtah who let SkyLab fall to earth.

Now the vision is to have a permanent moon presence by 2024. :patriot:MAGA :patriot:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    It's been on my calendar for weeks! First manned launch from America since the end of the Space Shuttle. :patriot:

We can all thank Obummer for the cancellation of our manned space flight program; mothballed the shuttles (QUICK! put them in museums so they won't be used again and cancelled the Constellation Program)...as forward leaning on the future of the nation as Jimmmuh Cahtah who let SkyLab fall to earth.

Now the vision is to have a permanent moon presence by 2024. :patriot:MAGA :patriot:

:patriot:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    The interior of the Dragon seems downright spacious and austere compared to Apollo.

Yes it does seem less claustrophobic. I'm not sure I I'd prefer the touchscreen over actual toggles that go click giving an audible and tactile confirmation that what you want done is done. I guess I'm old school that way.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yes it does seem less claustrophobic. I'm not sure I I'd prefer the touchscreen over actual toggles that go click giving an audible and tactile confirmation that what you want done is done. I guess I'm old school that way.

Yeah, I get that too.

But, now every pilot is used to glass cockpits and the weight and space saving is immense. Plus, it's more reliable. Think about all the switches you'd need and all the wiring looms.

And the "pilots" are really more passengers. I've gotta imagine that "what needs to be done" is done automatically.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was flipping thru the channels and Sci and Disc are simulcasting... When they started to interview Katy Perry I changed it. WTF...

4XpD.gif

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

My first thought as well. We all know how "touchy" touch screens can be but I'm sure they've run them thru the ringer before finalizing their design.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Watching it on youtube on my laptop at work there weren't any commercials; watching it here at home now on youtube on the "smart" tv the damn thing is pouring on the commercials. Reminds me why I "cut the cord" several years ago.

Top Bottom