• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Okay folks, after all of the discussion in the other thread, so many of you asked what we can do to help. While we can’t be down there during the riots (and shouldn’t be), we can help in the aftermath.

I’m organizing a crew of volunteers to go down and assist with the cleanup in the morning. I know it’s Monday and a lot of folks are going back to work, but even if I’m the only one that goes, at least I’m
    doing something.

Meetup: Southport Meijer 0700 hours

Teams: Security, Cleanup, Repairs

Recommended Equipment:

- Brooms
    - Shovels
    - Personal Tools
    - Gloves
    - Protective mask (dust/glass particles)
    - Eyepro
    - Cases of water
    - American flags

After being down there, I recommend work pants and boots, but I’m not OSHA.

We’ll meet at the Meijer at 0700 and caravan down there, leaving at no later than 0730. We’ll move directly into downtown and set up shop near the center of the destruction. If you don’t want to meet up in Southport, just make your way downtown and look for the patriots.

Security team (precaution) will be set up for the vehicles to protect the vehicles and any equipment/supplies exposed. You’re big kids, wear whatever gear you want but be smart. By that time, most of the mopes are gone but I still want a security detail.

Any actual repairs made will be with us assisting any entity that asks, we are not taking it upon ourselves to do any repairs to property that we have no legal purview.

This is an all-volunteer effort where we are simply providing any assistance that we can.

Comms will be on FRS 13, no tones.

Ask here or call/text me at 317-605-6314 for any questions. If you text, give me your call sign.

More organizational info to come later.

Jamie

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Wow, PROPS to anyone that is able to attend and help. I'm stuck working.

:ingo::patriot:

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Just so everyone is up to speed, at the moment I just have me + 1 on deck right now.

IF it stays fairly mellow (we DO NOT use the “Q” word,) I will cancel the response as there won’t be any need to go.

I will update no later than 0600 whether or not the response is still needed.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think it was a very noble effort sir. Just not practical or safe for a lot of folks to get there. On top of that, we have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

The mayor and governor might fool around and let the terrorists tear it all down and burn it up again?

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I think it was a very noble effort sir. Just not practical or safe for a lot of folks to get there. On top of that, we have no idea what tomorrow will bring.

The mayor and governor might fool around and let the terrorists tear it all down and burn it up again?

It’s still on, at the moment. I’ll advise if it gets shut down by 0600. As for any rule changes from the .gov, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

I’d rather go down there and clean up every morning in a show of community strength and borne out of a refusal to give in to Terrorist demands than to idly stand by and do nothing. Even if I’m the only one down there scooping up broken glass and boarding up windows. I will tell them, “you cannot have my city.”

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It’s still on, at the moment. I’ll advise if it gets shut down by 0600. As for any rule changes from the .gov, we’ll cross that bridge when we get there.

I’d rather go down there and clean up every morning in a show of community strength and borne out of a refusal to give in to Terrorist demands than to idly stand by and do nothing. Even if I’m the only one down there scooping up broken glass and boarding up windows. I will tell them, “you cannot have my city.”

Repped. It does not mean much in light of all that has happened but I think it is due. You have been a guiding light for many of us.

I have 4 solid appointments tomorrow that I may not be able to move. If I could I would pick up a broom and join you.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    For everyone that has a desire to be a helping hand in times of need, be patient. When all of the pieces are in place, I will make a formal announcement of the establishment of a pro-2A, Pro-Mil/LE/FD/EMS organization that will be doing PHENOMENAL work here in central Indiana.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For everyone that has a desire to be a helping hand in times of need, be patient. When all of the pieces are in place, I will make a formal announcement of the establishment of a pro-2A, Pro-Mil/LE/FD/EMS organization that will be doing PHENOMENAL work here in central Indiana.

In.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dammit. I'm in MI for a couple days on involuntary travel otherwise Id be in. Ive got plenty of PTO to burn.

Thank you, good luck, and Godspeed. Thanks for being awesome. All of you.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Okay y’all, I know it’s confusing overall.... however, I talked to my downtown peeps and tonight was an outstanding reprieve from the terrorist attack that we had last night. There is not enough (read: virtually no new) damage that we are needed down there in the morning.

I applaud and appreciate anyone who was willing to go down there and make difference.

I will update again at O-dark-thirty to catch the early morning risers.

Thank you again.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Just a bump so nobody messes up their schedule - this response has been CANCELED. There is no need for our help.

Again, thank you for all that desired to help.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks jsx! If it looks like it may be needed in the future I will do my best to help out if I can. Again, kudos to you for even thinking of this. I'm glad it's not needed this morning.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

I am in.

Top Bottom