• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    This something I don’t work on and know very little about. Got a guy coming for an estimate, they install Tempstar is this a good brand name? What are good brands? Also Looking for recommendations on contractors. Located in Delaware County.

Thanks in advance.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've had very good performance from a new American Standard heat pump system with gas furnace backup. Been about 5 years ago that it was put in, and not a bit of trouble from it at all.

Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't... But I'd definitely go in whatever direction the Mouse suggests!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have scrapped out more than a few Tempstars in the last couple of years. I do not like them. Parts are dealer spec for the most part so you are locked in with a dealer.

Your call. I would pass.

PM me if you need some answers when you get the bid.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've had very good performance from a new American Standard heat pump system with gas furnace backup. Been about 5 years ago that it was put in, and not a bit of trouble from it at all.

Maybe that helps, maybe it doesn't... But I'd definitely go in whatever direction the Mouse suggests!!

AS is a re-baged residential model line from Trane. They are Decent units. Solid.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Having been there in the past 5 years, I'm now more of the opinion who you have do the job is more important than brand chosen. I unfortunately hooked up with a local supposed straight up business with a storefront and painted trucks thinking they were reputable, they proved otherwise within 14 months.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Three years ago we had a brand new inside and outside unit installed. Went from heat pump with electric back up to gas furnace and brand new outside unit. Used ot have 300 to 400 electric bills in bad winters. The worst we have had since is 250. I can't remember any summer bills but they haven't been terrible either. Should be better this year, the outside unit got cleaned this year. A friend who has an hvac company installed and services it but is very hard to get a hold of at times. The only reason it got serviced last week was because he was working next door and I asked if I needed to schedule something this year. Had his helped just do it. It is an American Standard unit also.

Top Bottom