• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Just wondering if all the unrest has made people revisit their home defense plan? Have you changed how you do things? Have you fine tuned your plan? Oddly enough since we had new carpet installed I leave my boots at the front door. Last night I had to get out to the road in a hurry. A car rolled at the curve. Realized that perhaps not having foot wear next to the nightstand Is not a good plan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just wondering if all the unrest has made people revisit their home defense plan? Have you changed how you do things? Have you fine tuned your plan? Oddly enough since we had new carpet installed I leave my boots at the front door. Last night I had to get out to the road in a hurry. A car rolled at the curve. Realized that perhaps not having foot wear next to the nightstand Is not a good plan.

Foot wear is a must for any reason you need to deploy out of the rack/your chair/the kitchen table.

Our plan has been modified slightly with access to the houses on either side of us security cameras. That gives us 24 cameras to see whats up. They can access mine as well. Keeps me from running around outside in my skin....:):

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Foot wear is a must for any reason you need to deploy out of the rack/your chair/the kitchen table.

Our plan has been modified slightly with access to the houses on either side of us security cameras. That gives us 24 cameras to see whats up. They can access mine as well. Keeps me from running around outside in my skin....:):

That’s pretty cool, We kind of focus being a hard target. It’s not real likely anything is making it to the front door. But still we have a plan in place should the stuff hit the fan. Hope all is well with you and yours.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That’s pretty cool, We kind of focus being a hard target. It’s not real likely anything is making it to the front door. But still we have a plan in place should the stuff hit the fan. Hope all is well with you and yours.

We are as well as life allows in all this madness.

We live on a main North South street so we get some foot traffic by here at all hours. When all this came down we all gathered and went over our plans to have each others backs. There are children living on both sides of us. They come 1st. It seemed the obvious thing to do. When my south neighbors huge dogs sound off he can check my cameras if nothing shows on his. We can track the kids anywhere in the compound. Works better then we could ever imagine.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol, what security cameras are you using. I haven't really had a need for them before but I'm certainly thinking about them now.

The Schwan offerings. 8 cameras in a set. Internet coupled and phone app viewable.

Decent resolution and night optic. The set is not to spendy but I tied mine into 2 dedicated 40" smart TVs and hard wired them to the brain box. That got spendy. 1 TV in the bedroom and one in the family room that is on 24/7 sits right next to the 60" flat screen. I have a full view of the compound at a glance. I can dial up the neighbors rigs on the smart side of the TV or my cell phone.
    If something goes bump in the night I just turn on the flat screen mounted up in the corner.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I decided that a PCC should be added to my home defense for several reasons. My mindset has changed from an in house encounter to outdoors being more likely these days. Plus my moms condo is in an area I can see there being some issues. A PCC and my pistol should be an excellent combination.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    The Schwan offerings. 8 cameras in a set. Internet coupled and phone app viewable.

Decent resolution and night optic. The set is not to spendy but I tied mine into 2 dedicated 40" smart TVs and hard wired them to the brain box. That got spendy. 1 TV in the bedroom and one in the family room that is on 24/7 sits right next to the 60" flat screen. I have a full view of the compound at a glance. I can dial up the neighbors rigs on the smart side of the TV or my cell phone.
    If something goes bump in the night I just turn on the flat screen mounted up in the corner.

That sounds like a great setup! Where do you get them?

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Live in avery small rural town. Have a dog that alerts to everything, useless in a fight but a good alarm.

I moved the HD shotgum from the corner to a more accessible place near the bedroom door. Wife saw me and raised her eyebrows as she was putting her 45 Auto into her purse............

Don

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I started years ago with old obsoleted B/W cameras. I hard wired all of them, and avoided internet connection. I wouldn't feel so bad with a VPN. I covered all the ways in/out, and a few other views. At the time, I was most delighted by the "bump in the night" effect. Cats aren't entirely quiet. If I heard a bump, I could take a quick look at the monitor, roll over, and go back to sleep, instead of wondering and waiting for the next bump.

Top Bottom