• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My family has always been into antique tractors. My Great Uncle and Grandpa started buying old tractors. After they passed, my uncle purchased all the tractors from my grandmother. Well, my uncle passed away a year ago, and had 4 old Farmall Cub tractors.

Not wanting them to leave the family, my father, me, and 2 younger brothers each bought one.

This one is mine. Unfortunately there’s no serial number, but the engine serial number tells me it’s a 1950. It was once owned by a Ford dealership, that used it to push their old cars around. Which explains the welded front bumpers, and the hitch/step in the rear.
    I don’t know if the hood is original, because of the IH emblem. It should have a sticker instead. Unless someone just drilled and added it at some point.
    I kinda dig the look personally.

When my grandpa bought it, which is actually the last tractor he bought, he had a guy I work with refinish it, 20 years ago. It was red at the time. Upon taking it apart, they found out it was originally yellow. So, grandpa told him to paint it yellow. I’m assuming it was originally an industrial company, or even the highway department, that owned it. Since it was painted yellow by the factory.

Sadly, after seeing the tractor finished, grandpa died 4 months later. He wasn’t ever able to climb up on it due to cancer.

I was lucky enough to get his Farmall blade/plow and fast hitch. I plan on refinishing everything at some point, keeping it yellow.

aamMFbF.jpg

oCtbxHb.jpg

MhSgvmv.jpg

MaqW0hh.jpg

My boys already love it, and constantly fight over who gets to ride first.
    My uncle also had a small trailer, which I bought too. I am in the middle of refinishing it. I plan to have hay rides when it’s finished :)

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Very cool. My stepdad was into antique garden tractors for a long time and had about 7 Wheel Horse tractors, each with its own implement. He finally got tired of keeping them running. Sold most of them and bought a Kubota.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My friend that is so very cool. Love it. Use it. Do not let is sit or languish.

I plan to. I now need a larger barn, or maybe build a lean to for my mini barn. But I haven’t seen a gable roof barn with a lean to before, so I’m unsure if it would look right.

Last edited:

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Nice Tractor I'm the only one in my family interested in them. I wish I was older when my great grandpa passed so I could've got his Farmall M the person who inherited it sold it.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Nobody can have just one.

I spent the last week bringing my first tractor out of retirement. Bought it when I bought my farm. Now I have 6, er 7 tractors. Bought another last week.

I have spent the last month working on them one at a time which explains why I haven't had any recent gun purchases.

Anyone interested in a 1957 Minneapolis Moline 335? It needs is to be reassembled. 4cyl gas with the Ampli-torque, wide frontend, live PTO and straight tin. Comes with factory hood scoops! Needs tires. Just here to nurse others addictions...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Will you be mowing regularly with it?

I mowed with it the day I brought it home. Took forever, even with my 1/2 acre lot :D

Mowing regularly, most likely not. This tractor will probably spend a lot of time driving my boys and I around the yard and town. And pulling a Hayless hayride wagon around town :)

This is the trailer I’m rebuilding.
    gNaKtLV.jpg

CARyphO.jpg

I’m going to replace the shocks and springs, give it a more comfy ride. Weld brackets to the side for wood panels. Replace the lights. Add a slow moving sign and strobes. Paint it yellow to match the tractor.

EGParatrooper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    I have a Ford 8N that I inherited. It's fun to putt around the neighborhood on. Just cool to have around IMHO.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Love old tractors. My buddies dad restored JD A's had a whole bunch of them, 4 or 5 of us used to work for him all day then take the girlfriends (now the same girls are our wives) out for a "putt" around the county roads. Nothing like driving an old hand clutch Deere.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Great tractor from when American manufacturing was on a major rise.

This is guy took it off the charts. https://www.stewsihstuff.com Of you seek more info on your tractor they might help. I have a goal to get down there to see all he has. At one point there were IH hammers and nails to use them with. They made refrigerators and very cool trucks. I would love to restore a 4x4 from the late 60's.

If you guys like this kind of thing RFD TV has Classic Tractor Fever on regularly, meet real salt of the earth kind of people and their treasured tractors, they even have garden tractors.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I mowed with it the day I brought it home. Took forever, even with my 1/2 acre lot :D

Mowing regularly, most likely not. This tractor will probably spend a lot of time driving my boys and I around the yard and town. And pulling a Hayless hayride wagon around town :)

Yeah, the more turning around you have to do, the slower these old tractors are. For mowing, they are at their best in the wide open spaces. I mow occasionally with my A-C, but I try to stick to the more open areas and use my John Deere for the tighter areas. Luckily, as you can see from my video above, my front yard is a pretty wide open.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Nice! Welcome to the club.

[video=youtube_share;kv-HXI-r3eM]https://youtu.be/kv-HXI-r3eM[/video]

Those little AC's were awfully light in the nose. Bought one for the wife years ago, it scared her to let out the clutch so I sold it off. They will run forever.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, the more turning around you have to do, the slower these old tractors are. For mowing, they are at their best in the wide open spaces. I mow occasionally with my A-C, but I try to stick to the more open areas and use my John Deere for the tighter areas. Luckily, as you can see from my video above, my front yard is a pretty wide open.

Yep, there’s a lot of turning. Plus the top speed is 6 mph, so there’s that :)

Top Bottom