• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Received a note in my mailbox today, while we are new to the area... we would appreciate it it if you took down some of your flags we find your Blue Lives matter and United States Marines Flags to be offensive.

Guess I am not sure how to address this other than to ignore it. Of course part of me is thinking of putting up a Don’t tread on me flag!

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Or a big FU flag
    Maybe a sign in the yard that says if you are offended tough luck , don't look at my house.
    A security camera might be a good idea also

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Maybe add a Jolly Roger?

Jolly-Roger-2.jpg

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Seriously!? The usmc flag or a moral patch banner type thing? They used the word offensive?

I'm not trying to call your bluff, I don't doubt you. More venting. I just have a tough time mentally reconciling WTH is going on with the world these days.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Or a big FU flag
    Maybe a sign in the yard that says if you are offended tough luck , don't look at my house.
    A security camera might be a good idea also

We have had cameras for a while now. I got a clean shot of the driver and their Plate, they have been here about a month, so I am fairly sure they don’t pay a lot of attention to vehicles in our drive.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Seriously!? The usmc flag or a moral patch banner type thing? They used the word offensive?

I'm not trying to call your bluff, I don't doubt you. More venting. I just have a tough time mentally reconciling WTH is going on with the world these days.

They are 3 4x6 flags hung vertically across our front porch. With the Blue Lives Matter Flag, and the USMC flag to the left of the United States of America Flag.

Yeah who would have thought!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    What do they do when you shoot? Hide in a bunker?

Not sure? I did cut the grass around my range today, and will be practicing tomorrow. So guess I will find out, I know someone up towards them shoots on a regular basis. Not real uncommon around here.

Last edited:

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    Leave them both up, you (we) have the same rights as the people that are claiming to be "offende". I know I am so sick and tired of hearing and seeing all these people complaining about everything. And to be offended by a blue lives matter flag, I can only think these would be the same people that would get on tv and say that little Johnny was misunderstood when he held up that gas station then got into a shoot out with the police and was ultimately shot dead, you know he only had 15 convictions in the past, that he did not deserve what happened. Myself along with probably most of the people on here are saddened by what has happened in Minneapolis, and that is being felt with legally which is the right thing to do but too many asshats are using this incident to break many more laws and putting more people at risk. I would not take down anything that I put up to appease that sort of people. And if the one who put the message in your mailbox did not mail it but put it in there themselves, isn't that breaking a law, if you have security cameras and can get a plate number I would turn them in to the police,

Sorry bout the long rant just getting sick of hearing about how other people's rights should override ours.

Have a great day guys, and to the men and women of law enforcement, thankyou for the job you do everyday.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Tomorrow is Flag Day. Put more flags up. Gadsden, Jolly Roger, and Molon Labe!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Send them back a letter and require a receipt.

Simply put: **** You.

On a large piece of paper, in crayon.

Even better. Put up ANOTHER USMC flag. Or a bigger one.

Throw up a Gay Pride rainbow flag and watch their heads explode.

My gut says they would actually approve of that given the content of the offensive ones.

Umm, he has a USMC flag, he'd eat the crayon....(jk)

No, he really would eat it. That is what Marines do. :): You obviously dont know any Marines.

And the note he writes back should be polite and to the point. If it were me I would politely tell them it was my right to fly my own flags, and if they dont like it dont look. Just like if I dont like a flag they fly I will respect their opinion and do the same.

Also Include the facts of what they were driving and a description of the driver when he stopped to deliver the note. Let them know that any ideas of retaliation are a VERY bad idea because of the electronic, unblinking eye. They WILL be caught.

Top Bottom