• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I always prefer to work with folks who have a reputation with others that I trust. It doesn't always work out that way but I try.

This is me trying.

Over the last while I've had several power lines come down. My grandfather attached them to trees and trees get rot and fall over in bad winds, or slight winds with more rot.

I need someone to come out in the country, make the wires safe. That's it. I may(?) in the future want one of those big light poles put up but I have no idea of cost, so for now just bringing everything safe and tidy.

If anyone knows of a good guy or gal that does outdoor electrical work in that area please let me know. My property is about a mile east of Salem, or about 3 1/2 miles SE of Pleasant Mills.

Thanks,

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good luck. I can't imagine that attaching power lines to trees would meet code requirements. No reputable electrician (licensed, insured and bonded) would do that I don't think. You may be forced into installing poles sooner than you think if you want to correct the issue(s).

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Got ya a PM coming.

Thank you very much! Willshire is about 10 minutes away, if that. I am going to ask him for the minimum "make it safe" and "reconnect expeditiously" for now, but I am already coming up with a list of quotes for future work tor things I want done.

Good luck. I can't imagine that attaching power lines to trees would meet code requirements. No reputable electrician (licensed, insured and bonded) would do that I don't think. You may be forced into installing poles sooner than you think if you want to correct the issue(s).

I agree. The lines were installed probably between the Kennedy and Ford administrations, when the regs didn't exist OR country folk didn't care as much. As much as I hate government regulations I don't want to see anyone killed due to stupid shortcuts being taken.

Fortunately ALL of the poles are still up! I believe we have about five (5) or six (6) of our own. I am hoping he can simply remove the unsafe stuff and rewire to where it needs to be - safely! I am hoping this isn't too difficult to do.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom