Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Squatters/tresspassers?

What's the difference?

Someone moves a camping trailer on your ground that's posted no trespassing, but claims it's their ground. Surveyor makes survey and it's clearly not. Are they squatters or trespassers at this point?
    Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Find me a statute that refers to "squatters".

They are trespassers.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Is this you dear friends the meth dealers down the road.
    Do we need an Ingo open carry cook out.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Find me a statute that refers to "squatters".

They are trespassers.
    The only time I've heard "squatters" mentioned was in cases involving abandoned dwellings in which people had taken up residence, but maybe that wasn't the correct use of the term either. I seem to recall though that it was difficult to get people to move out once they had established residence there. And I may be totally off base, but I was thinking it wasn't as simple as trespassing them after a certain amount of time had passed. I don't think that applies in Leadeye's situation at any rate.

User Info Menu

Yes, the same guy with the "electrical easement". The surveyors were here today and said his trailer has been on our ground all along.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    The only time I've heard "squatters" mentioned was in cases involving abandoned dwellings in which people had taken up residence, but maybe that wasn't the correct use of the term either. I seem to recall though that it was difficult to get people to move out once they had established residence there. And I may be totally off base, but I was thinking it wasn't as simple as trespassing them after a certain amount of time had passed. I don't think that applies in Leadeye's situation at any rate.
    The trailer has been there about 6 months but the occupant said it was his ground. Without a recent survey I had to take his word for it until I could get the survey completed.

Marvin the Martian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Leadeye View Post
    Yes, the same guy with the "electrical easement". The surveyors were here today and said his trailer has been on our ground all along.
    I seem to recall that you have some fairly heavy excavating equipment, don't you? It would be a pity if there were some sort of "accident" because the trailer was too close to that equipment.

User Info Menu

The trailer has been there about 6 months but the occupant said it was his ground. Without a recent survey I had to take his word for it until I could get the survey completed.
    Sounds like you now have pretty solid legal ground to stand on to have it removed.

Expert

User Info Menu

I'm not sure what answer you're looking for since it appears you have what you need, but I think I'd consider consulting a local attorney to help you proceed with the next steps. I'm imagining some sort of letter, followed by some sort of waiting period, followed by a sheriff with a shotgun. I just don't think you can get to C without starting at A.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    I seem to recall that you have some fairly heavy excavating equipment, don't you? It would be a pity if there were some sort of "accident" because the trailer was too close to that equipment.
    That's gHitch, next county over. He could dig to China if he wanted to.

Marvin the Martian

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast