• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm not an expert, but it looks to me like that kid was fully complying when that happened. As always, I'd like to see the whole video, but this looks pretty bad as-is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not an expert, but it looks to me like that kid was fully complying when that happened. As always, I'd like to see the whole video, but this looks pretty bad as-is.

I've seen the same video over and over again. And heard the back story (albeit from the news story - WTHR). I don't see this ending well for the officer(s). At least they didn't kill the kid.

And I don't mean this at a knock at LEO at all, but surely the vast majority of cops have to look at something like this and just get pissed that someone does that given the current climate. Unless he was trying to make the point of, "Hey look, we do this to white folk too!" I don't think that was the case though. I think the cop was just an idiot. And he's inadvertently thrown a lot of good cops under the bus.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    And he's inadvertently thrown a lot of good cops under the bus.

The only people that will look at this and condemn all police officers are complete nimrods anyhow. The guy's partner was probably even going "oh s---" inside as it was going down.

Again, I'm operating on bias since I only have what I've been shown to judge from.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    we don’t know what led up to this. He has his right to a fair trial just like all of us, and I’ll assume he’s innocent until proven guilty. But if he’s guilty, I hope he realizes the pain he’s caused the thousands of great cops that wear the badge with honor every single day. This is the kind of stuff the media loves to put on the front page.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I'll wait for the whole story. Resisting is not just flailing around and throwing punches or trying to grab the officers weapon. To get the cuffs on the hands need to be in close proximity and it looks like the "hey it's my son" dude was doing his best to keep that from happening. And it sounded like the whole family was there defending him, if the situation was escalating it might have been important to get those cuffs on NOW. Also, his partner didn't look to be extremely useful in the situation.

Apparently, now all perps are victims if they actually get successfully arrested. All deaths will now be wrongful deaths, no law is the only acceptable law. Also, you'll find more violent take downs in every Dojo in the country.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have a difficult time from the video seeing how two officers could not get the cuffs on him with less force. But as many have said this is a [snip] of what happened without any context.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I want to know this too, and if he was doing that, why was his only charge resisting arrest?
    Exactly. I never understood only being charged with “resisting arrest”. How can you be charged with resisting arrest if you had no reason to be arrested?

Also, even if he was destructing property, at the time the officer decided to use force the citizen wasn’t being hostile that I can see. He seems to be complying, and is put in a chokehold and thrown to the ground. So whatever led up to it is sorta irrelevant, imo, because at the time force was used it appeared unnecessary to do so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where was that reported? All the stories I’ve seen make no mention of destruction of property.

Same here. I heard that someone had reported hearing gunshots in the neighborhood and that was the "noise complaint".

Yep: "In a joint statement Monday, Broderick and Brown said Nice was arrested for suspicious behavior after a patrolling officer heard gunshots around 9 p.m."

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/c...licy/531-1bf3112b-5a3e-42c9-b5e4-cc66717b9969

Top Bottom