• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I love the raw horsepower of the Outlaw sprints but the best show I have seen are the USAC Midgets.

RICO!!!!!!
    <font size="5">[video=youtube;hk1-jevGBEQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk1-jevGBEQ[/video]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    The USAC midgets are awesome! I’m a big Brady Bacon fan, he took a pretty nasty spill in Plymouth last night but was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clark & Addison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2019
    Gibson County
    My 9 year old likes it. I'd never been until a couple years ago, even though we drive past Tri-State Speedway all the time. My boy started asking about it as we drove past one day. We go once a year now.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I was 12 when my dad took me to see my first dirt track race. That was the 1975 Hoosier Hundred at the Fair Grounds. You can imagine who was in the lineup!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Tom Bigelow won and Foyt was second. Not sure who you were thinking of?

Well, a big portion of the Indy 500 grid of course.

Interesting that Foyt had the pole for the 500 and Bigelow was last. Foyt finished the 500 in 3rd, Bigelow in 18th.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, a big portion of the Indy 500 grid of course.

Interesting that Foyt had the pole for the 500 and Bigelow was last. Foyt finished the 500 in 3rd, Bigelow in 18th.

Foyt cheated on a regular basis. But he was Foyt and he had G. Bignotti running the show so that's how that worked out.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is the best way I know of to keep trolls like me out of the NASCAR thread. Hell yes, I’m in. Went to Kokomo for the last race of Midget Week and I go to the Chili Bowl pretty much every year. My grandfather won two National Championships (AAA in 1951 and USAC in 1958) and dad won four USAC titles (Sprint Cars in 1969 and 1971 and Silver Crown in 1980 and 1983) so I’m all about this thread. Looking forward to seeing the INGO dirt racing fan in here.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Dirt racing...tater diggers! LOL just kidding just kidding

I have only ever been to one dirt race, but have always loved watching sprints cars and dirt late models. I even always wanted a chance to drive a dirt late model. Since all racing is good, but some is better than others, I will probably troll in here from time to time

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Way the heck back in the day I had a couple of older friends that I helped on their "Hobby" stockers. 55/56/57 Chevy's were the popular models with some fords in the mix as well. If you ever wonder what happened to all those Tri-5's well many died running these classes. They ran at Paragon and it was a roller derby style class. I never drove one of them but I spent a lot of time wanting to.

Ran the midget at that same track a few times. Dirt is fun to watch. A blast/challenge to drive and a serious pain in the butt to clean up the car after.

I actually prefer running on asphalt as it is much faster but the wall seems to hit you harder

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Dirt racing...tater diggers! LOL just kidding just kidding

I have only ever been to one dirt race, but have always loved watching sprints cars and dirt late models. I even always wanted a chance to drive a dirt late model. Since all racing is good, but some is better than others, I will probably troll in here from time to time
    Asphalt is for driving to the track. :):

We go to the dream and the world 100 at Eldora speedway every year. This year we couldn’t because of covid, which sucks, but we usually get 3 campsites and have a whole group come every year. Really good time, good food good beer and good racin, the way the lord intended

Top Bottom