• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I decided I'd like to have a ladder that we can use to climb over the pasture fence(s). We only have one gate aside from the door to the barn which can be inconvenient at times. So off to the interwebs I go and in pretty short order came across this infomercial. Research over, decision made.

[video=youtube;RI2BnJ3W1vE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI2BnJ3W1vE[/video]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    That commercial is awesome, but every time I see one of those fold up deals I flash back to this and my answer becomes "no":

[video=youtube;6ZhMfzc9RbU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhMfzc9RbU[/video]

I actually did buy a ladder recently that I'm very pleased with. Sadly, no luchadores or cute chicks in my video (on the plus side, no oiled up men either), but I do like the ladder and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone... especially those of us that are maybe a bit too well fed.

[video=youtube_share;2u3H-eYGW9I]https://youtu.be/2u3H-eYGW9I[/video]

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Staying tuned for the upcoming review... :popcorn:

Weren't the original ladders in this sort of format called Little Giant? They worked OK, but were noticeably heavy.

I say this after dragging my 8' fiberglass Werner around the yard pruning low hanging branches yesterday. Kept reminding myself that I was the "old guy on a ladder" every time reached out with the loppers. :fogey:

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I just need something lighter and easier to use for crossing the fence. It has to come down each time so the goats don't use it.[/QUOTE]I'll bet if you get a video of the goats using that ladder, Murphy's will give a free ladder or 2!:lmfao: I've heard of feinging goats, but not climbers.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Staying tuned for the upcoming review... :popcorn:

Weren't the original ladders in this sort of format called Little Giant? They worked OK, but were noticeably heavy.

I say this after dragging my 8' fiberglass Werner around the yard pruning low hanging branches yesterday. Kept reminding myself that I was the "old guy on a ladder" every time reached out with the loppers. :fogey:

This Murphy ladder looks lighter than the Little Giant. I got a Little Giant for DoggyMama back when she was washing windows for some of her house cleaning clients because the commercial showed this little bitty gal just picking it up with one hand and carrying it up a flight of stairs. HA! No freaking way. That little gal must've been a power lifter or something. It's a nice ladder, but light weight it's not! The one thing I do like about it is that it can be separated into two smaller a-frame ladders so you can put a board between them to use as a scaffold. Came in handy when we were painting the trim on the house several years ago.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That was a great ad! I'd look at one if I didn't have a Little Giant. Which I really like. Heavy as heck, but sturdy enough that I can literally run up it to get on the roof.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

Duuude.... Pole saw... Totally get a pole saw. I have the cheap Remington 120V corded one and it's worth double what costs. So much easier than carting a ladder around and lopping stuff off old school.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Nice, like the price for the 10 & 12 foot versions @ Home Depot, but a almost 50 percent increase on the price for the 14 foot version over the 10.

Top Bottom