Serious question to LEO's here on INGO...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Without getting into details, I am in the position of being able to help the Officers (From Chief to the FTO Rookies) in our small department here in Central Indiana.

What would be the MOST helpful things that could be done (Short of spending $$..HA.) for the Rank-and-file Officers of our Department (Of just less than 20 members)

I kind of like to know, in this current climate, what would help the Officers know that their hard work is appreciated, in spite of some Nation wide calls to de-fund some of the Liberal Police Departments.

When CVD 19 first came to our area the monthly meetings were canceled. We had a Zoom Meeting in May to pass a few things, June meeting was canceled, and we are on board for the July meeting.

Any suggestions from CURRENT, in the trenches LEO's would be helpful to me!!

THANKS in advance....

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I work a beat everyday. Showing ANY kind of support in this current climate is helpful for our outlook. We occasionally have people show their support by bringing snacks or drinks (non-alcoholic of course :):) to our roll call sites. Not sure how deep you're asking of an answer, but honestly donations of snacks and food are GREATLY appreciated. I'm often too busy (like today) to even have 5 minutes of spare time to grab a bite to eat. Or I'm working an area that I don't feel comfortable having someone else prepare my food. So having something easy to snack on in my car is very helpful in taking away those annoying hunger pains.

I try to pack my lunch, but some days I'm too busy before work to prepare food. My pregnant wife works and we have a 2 year old at home, so I'm usually running out the door without thinking of food for later.

If I totally miss-read what you're asking, I'm sorry! Haha You just might need to break it down simpler for this knuckle dragging beat cop.

Or donations of pro-LEO toys or plush dolls that we can give out to the kids in our beats. If we want this next generation of kids to grow up knowing that cops aren't bad, we have to SHOW them that what they see on TV is not true. I've been trying to buy up any "Chase" (Police dog from Paw Patrol) dolls I can find to give out.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Or I'm working an area that I don't feel comfortable having someone else prepare my food.

Damn, that's messed up. Sorry to hear you have those types of concerns.

Or donations of pro-LEO toys or plush dolls that we can give out to the kids in our beats. If we want this next generation of kids to grow up knowing that cops aren't bad, we have to SHOW them that what they see on TV is not true. I've been trying to buy up any "Chase" (Police dog from Paw Patrol) dolls I can find to give out.

And that is an amazing ask and thing for you to do.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    THANKS Keep them coming...

THANKS for the replies Officers..
    Actually before the CV outbreak, we have had a couple of Companies donate cases of water and pre-packaged cookies, chips, and crackers. These are brought out to the table as needed.
    Our local Bakery (Donut Shop) has had standing "Discounts" for all of our LEO's=City, County, and State...You know?? finding a Cop in a donut shop and all that?? All are good with that..HA.HA..

Hay Guys (and Gals) please keep up the suggestions...Bill.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Damn, that's messed up. Sorry to hear you have those types of concerns.

That's a common concern. I won't go anywhere in uniform that I can't watch my food be prepared. I also won't eat food that was brought to the station unless it's prepackaged (which I meant to add to my original reply). I know 99.9% of the time any food brought to the station is likely fine, but you just can't be too careful these days.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    That's a common concern. I won't go anywhere in uniform that I can't watch my food be prepared. I also won't eat food that was brought to the station unless it's prepackaged (which I meant to add to my original reply). I know 99.9% of the time any food brought to the station is likely fine, but you just can't be too careful these days.

Yep. You get a feel for where you work, but never truly know. I know places that are LEO friendly, but you don't know if that specific employee hates the cops. Online ordering is great, since it adds anonymity to your food. Just walk in and pick it up.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yep. You get a feel for where you work, but never truly know. I know places that are LEO friendly, but you don't know if that specific employee hates the cops. Online ordering is great, since it adds anonymity to your food. Just walk in and pick it up.

Unfortunately usually a one time event. After the first pick up anonymity is lost. While not the most appetizing protein bars and bottled water goes a long way.

Top Bottom