Can I have 1 min of your time to help me out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I was nominated for, and won, a regional award for fencing. Now all the regional winners are up for a national award.

The regional award is a merit award for based on contributions to the sport fencing community. The national winner is mostly a popularity contest because most fencing students only compete regionally. I'm the only person from Indiana to ever make it this far in the annual awards, I'm also the 2nd oldest person up for the award.

Link to the Link that allows you to vote (click on the Voting graphic to take you to the actual vote) —> Vote for Bob Skurka https://www.usafencing.org/news_art...wEw8QMn5NcEJStodAPfmH4pCjYGE4ecwzsmqPef1uRJTo

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks all! I appreciate the help :ingo:

Dude!

INGO has a legitimate swordfighter! :)

Congrats!
    Yup, I actually have a couple kids who compete in top level national events.

One of my girls beat one of our US Olympic team members in her last event (just before Covid cancelled the world). She just graduated from high school last month and I'll be moving her into her dorm room at Notre Dame in less than a month. She was "ranked" as one of the top 50 female saber fencers in the US by the time she was 18. She earned a scholarship to the N.D. team, which has won more NCAA Fencing Team and Individual awards than any other team over the past decade (or two). She is a foreign exchange student who was on my high school team and took lessons at my club. As she has no parents in the US, my wife & I have traveled with her from coast to coast taking her to both National and International events, we also took her to visit a bunch of colleges that were recruiting her for their teams.

One of my boys has won national events, is going into his senior year of high school this year. We are working on colleges right now to get him recruited into a top programs with a good scholarship. He's already an "A" rated fencer but is not nationally "ranked" in the top 150 male fencers yet... but he's working on it.

:starwars:

voted for you but dude, you are really old :):

:oldwise:

Too old to fight so I just shoot first!

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Voted for you as well,. Just so you know I am older and a lot uglier than you! Good luck!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the help everyone who voted.

For anyone else, if you have a moment, I would really appreciate the vote. It would be nice to see a midwesterner win this as that has never happened before. Fencing is more popular, and better established on the coasts, so someone from the midwest winning might be a shock to the system :):

Top Bottom