• ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    lynching.jpg

https://bloomingtonian.com/2020/07/...ned-with-noose-during-assault-at-lake-monroe/

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Big protest set for today at 5:30PM in front of the Monroe County courthouse....bring your own masks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing measures. The organizers have asked on Reddit for maximum bodies with loud clear voices.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Big protest set for today at 5:30PM in front of the Monroe County courthouse....bring your own masks, hand sanitizer, and social distancing measures. The organizers have asked on Reddit for maximum bodies with loud clear voices.

Are they protesting stupid people that drink too much? If so, i'm out.

I tried to pay attention to the video, but I have a short attention span with these sorts of things and find them extremely difficult to watch (when stupid actually hurts my brain).

I didn't hear anything about 'lynching' though...was it actually said on video?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I tried to pay attention to the video, but I have a short attention span with these sorts of things and find them extremely difficult to watch (when stupid actually hurts my brain).

Same... I just saw a bunch of drunk idiots that reaffirmed to me that anything open to the public is a place to avoid as much as possible. I didn't see anything specifically racist, but I couldn't take it long enough to watch every second which seemed to repeat around the 1/2 way point.

My gut feeling, since this was pretty clearly filmed in idiot mode for TikTok views, is that nobody was right in this one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Same... I just saw a bunch of drunk idiots that reaffirmed to me that anything open to the public is a place to avoid as much as possible. I didn't see anything specifically racist, but I couldn't take it long enough to watch every second which seemed to repeat around the 1/2 way point.

My gut feeling, since this was pretty clearly filmed in idiot mode for TikTok views, is that nobody was right in this one.

So you didn't see the guy screaming "You nappy-headed *****!" over and over again?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    So you didn't see the guy screaming "You nappy-headed *****!" over and over again?

I heard "nappy headed", but not the rest. I'll take your word for it that it's in there as I can't stand watching it again to confirm. I'll accept that they were racist idiots.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    i actually didn't hear him use the 'n' word at all...i can't possibly watch the video again, so i'll take your word for it. by no means am I making excuses for this guy. I don't know the situation at all and am inclined to believe that it 'takes two to tango' the vast majority of the time.

one thing that bothers me as much as racism, is people baiting other in order to take video (when THEY decide when to start/stop the tape)...and then only show things that make the other side look bad. that's just not fair, and i think people are starting to catch on that not everything is as it seems these days.

let me be crystal clear...there is no excuse for the hatred of another human being because they're different in any way. period. there's three sides to every story, and I think I only saw one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    i actually didn't hear him use the 'n' word at all...i can't possibly watch the video again, so i'll take your word for it. by no means am I making excuses for this guy. I don't know the situation at all and am inclined to believe that it 'takes two to tango' the vast majority of the time.

one thing that bothers me as much as racism, is people baiting other in order to take video (when THEY decide when to start/stop the tape)...and then only show things that make the other side look bad. that's just not fair, and i think people are starting to catch on that not everything is as it seems these days.

let me be crystal clear...there is no excuse for the hatred of another human being because they're different in any way. period. there's three sides to every story, and I think I only saw one.

As I understood it from reading the article, the people that were doing the videos were bystanders that were trying to get the *******s to leave the guy alone. I can't think of any "side" that would exonerate the tattooed hillbillies that started the incident. Did you read the article? Did you read that they held the guy down and tore chunks of his hair out? Not sure why people are seeming to defend this stuff.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    No question what motivated it, it came right out of his mouth over & over,
    Or who drove the confrontation.
    No shortage of guys like that either.
    Doesn't have to be a 'Hillbilly', just a bully with a head full of worms & acid.

Good thing that idiot wasn't armed, it could have gone an entirely different way...

While having a firearm *Might* have been a comfort, a big can of bear spray would have solved the situation without bullets.
    One thing about a guy with a mouth that big and won't close it, he's getting a BIG dose of bear spray exactly where it does the most good.

I agree, there was NO EXCUSE for that moron, no way to explain or justify a racists idiot, no point in trying.
    Don't waste time trying to defend the indefensible.
    The best you can hope for is he gets charged, and/or loses his job, neighbors are notified of his actions and take appropriate measures to let him know what they think of his views/actions.

Last edited:

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I like the bear spray idea! :yesway:

I'm disabled, can't roll around with every idiot out there anymore.
    It stopped a road rager that decided to punch the truck door a year or so ago, seems he didn't like big trucks on the town streets and decided to follow to give a piece of his mind (he didn't have any extra to spare), and he got to pay for the dented door once he got done choking.
    Marked him bright orange too!

I was surprised it worked, it was like 5 years old and never used before.
    Bear spray keeps a nice, tight stream instead of 'Fogging' like the pepper spray intended for people, probably does 20-30 feet, and it's STRONG, good stuff for taking the fight out of someone enraged, drunk, drugged, etc.

I got it from my wife, she carries a can of bear spray when she goes off property (mushroom hunting and stuff) for dogs/critters, unwanted attention a woman sometime gets when alone.
    It's public access land (state owned) around us, and you just never know who's out there...
    She's usually got her pistol also.

Last edited:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    As I understood it from reading the article, the people that were doing the videos were bystanders that were trying to get the *******s to leave the guy alone. I can't think of any "side" that would exonerate the tattooed hillbillies that started the incident. Did you read the article? Did you read that they held the guy down and tore chunks of his hair out? Not sure why people are seeming to defend this stuff.

Did you read that Michael Brown had his hands up?

Anyhow: Because almost every time one of these things happens it's total BS and we're only shown one side of it at the time... then weeks later the other side comes out and things change. The fact that there's now a protest organized over this less than 2 days later, and the guy involved is a known activist, doesn't really make me feel like this screams of legitimacy. Adding to that, it appears that DNR didn't make any arrests. Why? If I have some dude pinned to a tree, and there's video of it, and I didn't have a good reason to do it, I would fully expect to be in jail.

What it sounds like to me is the guy walked up to a pack of drunk hillbillies wearing a confederate flag and started shooting his mouth off. I'm about as white as it gets and I'm nowhere near stupid enough to think I could do that without bad things happening. Is it illegal to run your mouth? No. Is it dumb and something like this would be the expected result? Yes. I would fully expect to get an a** kicking by poking that crowd with a stick.

So, I'm not defending anyone here as what I'm seeing is a bunch of morons acting like, well, morons. But what I am saying is that I've seen this boy cry wolf so many times that I really don't care anymore. If this really is a clear cut case of a racially motivated attack from out of the blue, then toss the book at them. Since DNR didn't even arrest anybody, I'm either left to believe that they either openly endorse racist attacks in their jurisdiction or that it's BS.

I'm legitimately open to either option at this point, but "wolf! wolf! wolf!" wore off on me a long time ago...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Are they protesting stupid people that drink too much? If so, i'm out.

Ditto.

Ah. OK, then.

How threatened could they feel if they kept going back to record more video?

People are stupid and annoying
    15 minutes of fame is now garnering by getting that viral video of a public freakout. People now feel invincible because they have a cameraphone.

There might have been some baiting to the get the rednecks to show their true colors.

Top Bottom