• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    And chose not to bring 1 of the guns that I was going to take (9mm PCC - because I had no way to secure it in the hotel room or the vehicle), and completely forgot the other one (Shield 1.0 9mm).

All I had with me was my J-Frame .38 Special - which is, generally speaking, the gun I carry when I don't want to carry a gun. Better than nothing, right?

On that note, if you have a chance to visit the mountains of north Georgia, do so. It's GORGEOUS.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    It is a beautiful area. Vacationed once just north of the GA state line near Hayesville, NC. Our cabin bordered a stream with a nice hole deep enough for swimming. Caught some small stocked rainbow trout and saw a huge brookie but couldn't get it to bite.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Some of the non-IN-LTCH reciprocal states might allow a long gun. I flip flop on selling my Kel-Tec Sub2000 but it sure comes in handy when I go places that don't allow carrying a pistol.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    And chose not to bring 1 of the guns that I was going to take (9mm PCC - because I had no way to secure it in the hotel room or the vehicle), and completely forgot the other one (Shield 1.0 9mm).

All I had with me was my J-Frame .38 Special - which is, generally speaking, the gun I carry when I don't want to carry a gun. Better than nothing, right?

On that note, if you have a chance to visit the mountains of north Georgia, do so. It's GORGEOUS.

My usual carry is 1911 in 10MM, the wife has a Colt Mustang in .380 for her pocket carry.
    The funny thing is, the .380 is the only one to ever need deployed (but not fired).

Some of the non-IN-LTCH reciprocal states might allow a long gun. I flip flop on selling my Kel-Tec Sub2000 but it sure comes in handy when I go places that don't allow carrying a pistol.

I never thought of that...
    Makes sense to me but I'm an old cranky guy that lives in the woods with "Too Many Guns". :)

An old Marine instructor used to say,
    "The best 'pistol' in a gunfight is a carbine,
    The best 'carbine' is a full power battle rifle..."
    Since he made it though WWII, Korea & Vietnam, I'd say he might actually know! ;)

A couple buddies have them and being able to interchange magazines with their pistols is a big deal, good idea.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im not going to our usual Canadian spot. First, the border will still be closed a week before we leave, and no telling if it will open in time. We wouldnt find out until at least 2 weeks out. Maybe closer.

Second, after calling the state dept to check on my daughter's overdue passport renewal, I was told that due to worker shortages, her renewal is still at least 2 months out. (30+days after we need it)

(TO clarify, I couldnt actually TALK to anyone. The automated announcement stated renewals are taking 4-6 months now, possibly more and unless it was a life or death situation, hang up and wait.)

Damn.

Oh well, Guess we'll road trip a bit and do overnights at the places too far to easily day trip. Like Indiana dunes, Falls of the Ohio, Evansville LST museum, etc.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Oh well, Guess we'll road trip a bit and do overnights at the places too far to easily day trip. Like Indiana dunes, Falls of the Ohio, Evansville LST museum, etc.

I HIGHLY suggest Mohican State Park in N Central Ohio as well as farther to the NE into Ohio - Cauyhoga National Park system south of Cleveland. Both are GORGEOUS.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would like to get down to Stone Mountain to see that before the American Taliban blows it up.

Top Bottom