Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Grandmaster Tactically Fat's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    So I went on vacation...

    And chose not to bring 1 of the guns that I was going to take (9mm PCC - because I had no way to secure it in the hotel room or the vehicle), and completely forgot the other one (Shield 1.0 9mm).

    All I had with me was my J-Frame .38 Special - which is, generally speaking, the gun I carry when I don't want to carry a gun. Better than nothing, right?

    On that note, if you have a chance to visit the mountains of north Georgia, do so. It's GORGEOUS.

  2. #2
    Grandmaster jagee's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I'm going on vacation to a water park with the family. The gun will likely stay at home or just locked in the vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    Jagee makes Beetlejuice look like a *****!

  3. #3
    Grandmaster hoosierdaddy1976's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    It is a beautiful area. Vacationed once just north of the GA state line near Hayesville, NC. Our cabin bordered a stream with a nice hole deep enough for swimming. Caught some small stocked rainbow trout and saw a huge brookie but couldn't get it to bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by WILSON View Post
    n/m - hoosierdaddy1976 beat me.

  4. #4
    Hop
    Hop is offline
    Master Hop's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Some of the non-IN-LTCH reciprocal states might allow a long gun. I flip flop on selling my Kel-Tec Sub2000 but it sure comes in handy when I go places that don't allow carrying a pistol.

    Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

    NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

  5. #5
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tactically Fat View Post
    And chose not to bring 1 of the guns that I was going to take (9mm PCC - because I had no way to secure it in the hotel room or the vehicle), and completely forgot the other one (Shield 1.0 9mm).

    All I had with me was my J-Frame .38 Special - which is, generally speaking, the gun I carry when I don't want to carry a gun. Better than nothing, right?

    On that note, if you have a chance to visit the mountains of north Georgia, do so. It's GORGEOUS.
    My usual carry is 1911 in 10MM, the wife has a Colt Mustang in .380 for her pocket carry.
    The funny thing is, the .380 is the only one to ever need deployed (but not fired).

    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    Some of the non-IN-LTCH reciprocal states might allow a long gun. I flip flop on selling my Kel-Tec Sub2000 but it sure comes in handy when I go places that don't allow carrying a pistol.
    I never thought of that...
    Makes sense to me but I'm an old cranky guy that lives in the woods with "Too Many Guns".

    An old Marine instructor used to say,
    "The best 'pistol' in a gunfight is a carbine,
    The best 'carbine' is a full power battle rifle..."
    Since he made it though WWII, Korea & Vietnam, I'd say he might actually know!

    A couple buddies have them and being able to interchange magazines with their pistols is a big deal, good idea.
    Last edited by JeepHammer; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:41.

  6. #6
    Grandmaster Cameramonkey's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Im not going to our usual Canadian spot. First, the border will still be closed a week before we leave, and no telling if it will open in time. We wouldnt find out until at least 2 weeks out. Maybe closer.

    Second, after calling the state dept to check on my daughter's overdue passport renewal, I was told that due to worker shortages, her renewal is still at least 2 months out. (30+days after we need it)

    (TO clarify, I couldnt actually TALK to anyone. The automated announcement stated renewals are taking 4-6 months now, possibly more and unless it was a life or death situation, hang up and wait.)

    Damn.

    Oh well, Guess we'll road trip a bit and do overnights at the places too far to easily day trip. Like Indiana dunes, Falls of the Ohio, Evansville LST museum, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

  7. #7
    Grandmaster Tactically Fat's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Oh well, Guess we'll road trip a bit and do overnights at the places too far to easily day trip. Like Indiana dunes, Falls of the Ohio, Evansville LST museum, etc.
    I HIGHLY suggest Mohican State Park in N Central Ohio as well as farther to the NE into Ohio - Cauyhoga National Park system south of Cleveland. Both are GORGEOUS.

  8. #8
    Grandmaster Expat's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I would like to get down to Stone Mountain to see that before the American Taliban blows it up.

  9. #9
    Master NyleRN's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jagee View Post
    I'm going on vacation to a water park with the family. The gun will likely stay at home or just locked in the vehicle.
    Make fanny packs great again

  10. #10
    Keeper of the Hammer
    MontereyC6's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I would like to get down to Stone Mountain to see that before the American Taliban blows it up.
    Stone Mountain is really cool. I went to high school down in that area and spent quite a bit of time running up and down that big boulder.

    INGO Classified Ad Rules
    INGO Forum Rules
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge