Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

IMPD - shooting at 46th & Arlington - outcome of incident

On my way back from lunch I came up on the immediate aftermath of shooting at the gas station at 46th and Arlington. Police weren't on scene yet. Victim laying face down in the parking lot with two little kids next to him crying (and a dog). The little girl was holding her hand on his back around what looked to be a blood stain. A bunch of people standing around. I was eastbound on 46th stopped at the light waiting to turn right onto Arlington.

A co-worker found the shooting on the citizen app. What's the best way to find out the public details about the incident going forward? (Victim outcome, etc)

User Info Menu

Just ask INGO.

Seriously, that sounds pretty sad.

User Info Menu

That's rough. I've seen a lot of blood and guts and death but in a healthcare setting. I was an EKG technician for a couple summers after high school and had to stand by during codes, watched and done surgery... but witnessing an act of violence like that, even if just the aftermath, has to be an entirely different thing.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

I consider myself pretty thick skinned about most things, but those scared crying kiddo's faces will stick with me for a long time.

User Info Menu

Consider this my request for anyone that can provide follow up info on this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigblitz View Post
    Just ask INGO.

User Info Menu

This?

Person shot on northeast side

5900 block of E. 46th. Victim taken to hospital in serious condition.

User Info Menu

Yep, that's it
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamo View Post
    This?

Person shot on northeast side

5900 block of E. 46th. Victim taken to hospital in serious condition.

User Info Menu

Wasn’t a police shooting, or an imaginary hate crime. It will be forgotten by tomorrow, very sadly. Black lives really do matter, just not to the left.

User Info Menu

A good reminder to carry a first aid kit on you and have some basic med training. Ankle kits are cheap and easy to wear. I would like to think that most everyone here would try and stop the bleeding if we saw another person down with a gunshot wound and it was safe to render aid. Or at the very least be able to take the kids to a safe location a little bit aways from the scene so first responders could do their thing.
    Well, I ain't always right but I've never been wrong,
    seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
    Once in a while you get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

User Info Menu

I was a little frozen taking in the scene while sitting at the light. Once I put it all together the light changed and I turned south away from the scene. At that point it clicked that I have a trauma kit in my truck. As I was deciding to stop and turn around or not two IMPD units flew by me heading to the scene.

I have some training with Stop The Bleed, wound packing and TQ use. My kit includes what is needed for that and 2 chest seals.

I'd like to think if I had witnessed the shooting and/or were closer or sooner to the scene I would have reacted and helped out.

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    A good reminder to carry a first aid kit on you and have some basic med training. Ankle kits are cheap and easy to wear. I would like to think that most everyone here would try and stop the bleeding if we saw another person down with a gunshot wound and it was safe to render aid. Or at the very least be able to take the kids to a safe location a little bit aways from the scene so first responders could do their thing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast